HELP !!!! Quotes on running boards, engine support etc...HELP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, HELP !!!! Quotes on running boards, engine support etc...HELP in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello guys I recently just bought back my 2007 escalade ext from the person I sold to couple years ago. ...
    edyvill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac Escalade Ext

HELP !!!! Quotes on running boards, engine support etc...HELP

Hello guys I recently just bought back my 2007 escalade ext from the person I sold to couple years ago. Truck was in ok condition but did have some problems. I took it to dealership and this what they quoted me on prices. I was wondering if these seemed correct to you guys or if I should order online ???

Parts + labor :
    $175 electric seat wiring
    $287 door latch is broken in interior
    $630 electric running board module
    $98.00 fog light bulbs
    $730 one broken engine support

What do you guys recommend???

Thank you for your time,
    Eddie

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Re: HELP !!!! Quotes on running boards, engine support etc...HELP

Sounds about right to me. I just replaced my engine mount a couple of weeks ago on my 07 and it cost me right around $700 and that wasn't through the dealership. Fog light bulbs you could probably do yourself if you have time and tools to do it and save some money. You can also try and see if you can find a running board module online for cheap and try to save some money however as far as a warranty goes if it fails again you might have better luck with what the dealer has for the module instead of using an outside purchased module.

peskyesky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I have a Power Running Board Module that was used for about 6 months, no issues. Whats the Part Number on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by edyvill View Post
    Hello guys I recently just bought back my 2007 escalade ext from the person I sold to couple years ago. Truck was in ok condition but did have some problems. I took it to dealership and this what they quoted me on prices. I was wondering if these seemed correct to you guys or if I should order online ???

Parts + labor :
    $175 electric seat wiring
    $287 door latch is broken in interior
    $630 electric running board module
    $98.00 fog light bulbs
    $730 one broken engine support

What do you guys recommend???

Thank you for your time,
    Eddie

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade EXT Premium

$98 for fog light bulbs?? Those are $20 and a super fast install, 70 is outrageous to pay in labor to replace them- but it's a money maker, it's like when shops charge $100+ to replace air filters, it's easy money. That should be a DIY thing every time

Quote Originally Posted by peskyesky View Post
    I have a Power Running Board Module that was used for about 6 months, no issues. Whats the Part Number on yours?
    I do not know the exact part number but I own a 2007 escalade ext. how much would you want for the module ? Very interested !

Quote Originally Posted by AZKlaus View Post
    $98 for fog light bulbs?? Those are $20 and a super fast install, 70 is outrageous to pay in labor to replace them- but it's a money maker, it's like when shops charge $100+ to replace air filters, it's easy money. That should be a DIY thing every time
    Lol yeah I knew that was pretty outrages ! That's why I wanted to check the rest of prices because I was not sure on those ! I already did the fog light swap myself !

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade EXT Premium

Quote Originally Posted by edyvill View Post
    Lol yeah I knew that was pretty outrages ! That's why I wanted to check the rest of prices because I was not sure on those ! I already did the fog light swap myself !

Haha for sure, I try not to let that be a red flag though, seems par for the course with any dealer

Okay now this is going to be stupid question maybe... but my 07 EXT is new to me... are the running boards supposed to raise and lower electronically? I thought that was only on the standard escalade? Why I would think that I don't know... mine seem to be fixed.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

You may not have the retractable seats. Even on the premium model its a option only the platinum is not, it just comes with it. Personally I like the ones that are fixed. Less maintenance and looks better. Go to Cadillac.com and you will see that you have to pick that option. Its so not worth it. Even if you had them I see that a lot of people state that they need fixing more. I am glad because I live in NY and probably in the snow it would be a problem. This is a option you can live without.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.