Volant Intake Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Volant Intake Question in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I just purchased and installed a volant intake kit last night. I was wondering about the installation of the box ...
    blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Volant Intake Question

I just purchased and installed a volant intake kit last night. I was wondering about the installation of the box that houses the filter. I noticed after I installed everything that there was bolts still left over that would allow me to mount the box to the metal brackets under the OEM intake box. Since it didn't really seem like the volant box could move down into position anymore than it is I was wondering what everyone else did. Did everyone else bolt the box down into position or did they simply just leave the box resting in the position it's in?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

36dbldz is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade
    How funny I got mine last night as well. I took the plate out and screwed it in this morning. Now that I read this I kinda wish I didn't as if I need access to that headlight (bulbs) may be a pain in the ass so I may put it back in and let it rest on it

Re: Volant Intake Question

That is funny. My issue is the box sits kind of high and looks funny so I might be taking mine a part and bolt it down like it probably should have been in the first place. I was just in a rush and after I pulled out the stock box and placed the volant one in it's place I figured "hey this went in pretty simple" and now i'm thinking I missed a step lol. I'm also a little concerned with the plastic grommet that fits over the throttle body because it still can be moved back and forth after tightening the clamp down. I saw that someone sanded down the the outer throttle body to make it have more stick so I might try that also.

Quote Originally Posted by blackex
    I just purchased and installed a volant intake kit last night. I was wondering about the installation of the box that houses the filter. I noticed after I installed everything that there was bolts still left over that would allow me to mount the box to the metal brackets under the OEM intake box. Since it didn't really seem like the volant box could move down into position anymore than it is I was wondering what everyone else did. Did everyone else bolt the box down into position or did they simply just leave the box resting in the position it's in?

Thanks
    Did yours come with a cap or something at the bottom of the box where the ram air tube goes or does it stay open? If open will water get up in there?

I finally took it all apart again and found that there was a metal bracket that was used for the OEM intake box. I removed it and fit the volant box snug into that area and bolted it down. Mine did come with an optional tube in the bottom for the ram air tube if I opted to get it. I don't really see how water would be able to get up into there but I ordered a filter wrap and put that over the volant filter for added protection to filter out debris and dust to help keep the filter from getting dirty over the life of owning it.

I finally took it all apart again and found that there was a metal bracket that was used for the OEM intake box. I removed it and fit the volant box snug into that area and bolted it down. Mine did come with an optional tube in the bottom for the ram air tube if I opted to get it. I don't really see how water would be able to get up into there but I ordered a filter wrap and put that over the volant filter for added protection to filter out debris and dust to help keep the filter from getting dirty over the life of owning it.
    Is there a cover for the optional tube hole if you are not using it, or you just left it open (the hole in the bottom)

It's just left open, well at least mine is for the optional ram air tube. I guess if it was a concern being open for you then you could always zip tie a zip lock bag over it or find a plastic cap to cover it up?

It's just left open, well at least mine is for the optional ram air tube. I guess if it was a concern being open for you then you could always zip tie a zip lock bag over it or find a plastic cap to cover it up?
    Perfect. Mine has the ram air option as well but in all the pics I see there is some sort of cover on it, so I assumed there was to be a cap included to seal the hole. Thank you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.