my 07 esv wont start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, my 07 esv wont start in Cadillac Escalade Forums; hello all im having trouble with wifes esv she parked it and when she returned it wouldnt start. the front ...
    russg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade esv

my 07 esv wont start

hello all im having trouble with wifes esv she parked it and when she returned it wouldnt start. the front windows work but not rear the gauges turn on but do not register anything fuel,volts etc.....the battery is fully charged even tried jump pack and will not turn over. this has happend once before about 18 mos ago and it sat in driveway for about 48 hours and i tried everything and then when i went outside to try one more time before i towed to dealer poof it started like new. i have no warr left sooooo. a friend said it might b a computer problem.. any ideas or info would b great

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

platinumflame is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Ext

Re: my 07 esv wont start

My 2007 Ext began doing the same thing this past month. Out of the blue I noticed I could not unlock it with the remote. I manually unlocked it and tried to turn it on and nothing. The windows, locks or lights would not turn on. Everything seem dead except the lights on the gauges and the ac display. I disconnected the positive cable and reconnected it and everything worked fine for a few days and at random times I would have the same problem.

I went to the Cadillac dealer and purchased some a new positive cable and the guy at the parts dept. told me that they sell a lot of those cables because they go bad quite often. I will install them sometime this week as the dealer would charge me $200 just to install them. I believe they are called solenoid cables/wires. Hopefully this will solve my issue. It is very frustrating not knowing when it will not turn on. I am also out of warranty and as you probably know, everything cost an arm and leg when something goes wrong on a Caddy!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by russg View Post
    hello all im having trouble with wifes esv she parked it and when she returned it wouldnt start. the front windows work but not rear the gauges turn on but do not register anything fuel,volts etc.....the battery is fully charged even tried jump pack and will not turn over. this has happend once before about 18 mos ago and it sat in driveway for about 48 hours and i tried everything and then when i went outside to try one more time before i towed to dealer poof it started like new. i have no warr left sooooo. a friend said it might b a computer problem.. any ideas or info would b great
    Hello russg,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your Escalade not starting. I see that you are out of warranty and do not want to take your vehicle to the dealership, but if you do decide to end up taking your vehicle to one, I would like to assist you in working with them. Please private message me if that is the route you would like to pursue. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

MRANT212 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 12 CTSV 07 Escalade ESV,08 Impala SS,88 Corvette,71 Corvette

Does it crank? If not, could be your starter. I just went for one of those and the cable since it was rotted out to. I have an 07 ESV with 110k on it. I'm waiting for the new Escalade to come out. Hate it when I have to change things on it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.