Front windshield tint
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Front windshield tint in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Has anyone tinted their front windshield just the top part? I believe my 2007 Denali,had some kind of factory tint ...
    ESCALADE132 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade

Front windshield tint

Has anyone tinted their front windshield just the top part? I believe my 2007 Denali,had some kind of factory tint just on the top and went down a few inches. My Escalade,has no tint on top and I was wondering how far to take it down maybe to the AS1 line I think it's called. I don't want it down to where it blocks my view. I have 4% tint all the way around my vehicle so should I do 5% on the front ban or do maybe 20 a little lighter? Any pics also would be great.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadzilla8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS Northstar V8
    I think the law is you can tint the top 7 inches

nathanjax is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Re: Front windshield tint

http://www.tintlaws.com/

legally, in S.C. you can only go to the AS1 line. that's about where it will start to get in the vision of traffic lights anyways. Having 5% on your vehicle I know your not worried about the legalities though.

clk199 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I bought a sun strip from eBay for $10, 5% and it comes about an inch below the as1 line. Helps a greatmdeal! A bit of a cutting to install to go around the mirror and the other black sensor box, and ez pass, but not too bad! I really like it! Will post pics soon!

gdirty5 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

I have 60% wincos across my whole windshield. From the inside you won't even know its tinted and barely from the outside but it's heat blocking properties are excellent. I'm a firm believer in wincos tint. Had my front two windows done in 20% and was impressed by it, decided to get the whole car done in 20% over factory and 60 on the windshield. Really wanted 45 or30 for looks but decided it wasn't worth the hassle of getting pulled over more frequently. So far so good. No issues with police, and the car is very cool even on these 90 degree days we've been having in the south.

clk199 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

^I would like to fully tint my windshield too... just as the above fella did, but yearly inspection stickers and county sickers would mean yearly tinting. I suppose you could leave a few square inches untinted, but would have to find a COOL shop to inspect as thats a NO NO in Virginia.

nathanjax is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

my whole front windshield is tinted as well... pretty dark...

It's a no no where I live too... My inspection tags are on an ipad screen protector and clings to the tint.

Mr.SWAG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): RRS S/C

I can't believe you can tint your whole windshield they would impound your car where I live lol.. I have 3 percent banner I will post a pic.

Just not a fan of the banner look.... But I wish I could tint mine darker, but everyone I know that has gone darker than 60 has gotten a ticket or pulled over before. But honestly the wincos is rediculously good at blocking heat. Its not just for looks.

KBoxer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If you tint 80% it's going to be really hard to tell and you get the benefits of heat rejection and that slight what is different about the truck looks.

Singh G is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by KBoxer View Post
    If you tint 80% it's going to be really hard to tell and you get the benefits of heat rejection and that slight what is different about the truck looks.
    This. Look into llumar airblue 80

that's wincos 20 all around and wincos 60 on the windshield.

It's over cast that day, so everything is really lighter in person, and the windshield doesn't even look tinted...

Singh G is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gdirty5 View Post

that's wincos 20 all around and wincos 60 on the windshield.

It's over cast that day, so everything is really lighter in person, and the windshield doesn't even look tinted...
    I see that you are in lousiana as well. I opted not to get a brake tag and risk the fix it ticket.

What are your plans after the brake tag expires?

ESCALADE132 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade
    Gritty does it impair your visibility at night at all? Also what did they charge to tint your windshield . Was it hard for them and how long did it take? I like the look

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.