Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Front windshield tint

21K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  gdirty5 
#1 ·
Has anyone tinted their front windshield just the top part? I believe my 2007 Denali,had some kind of factory tint just on the top and went down a few inches. My Escalade,has no tint on top and I was wondering how far to take it down maybe to the AS1 line I think it's called. I don't want it down to where it blocks my view. I have 4% tint all the way around my vehicle so should I do 5% on the front ban or do maybe 20 a little lighter? Any pics also would be great.
Thanks

#4 ·
I bought a sun strip from eBay for $10, 5% and it comes about an inch below the as1 line. Helps a greatmdeal! A bit of a cutting to install to go around the mirror and the other black sensor box, and ez pass, but not too bad! I really like it! Will post pics soon!

#5 ·
I have 60% wincos across my whole windshield. From the inside you won't even know its tinted and barely from the outside but it's heat blocking properties are excellent. I'm a firm believer in wincos tint. Had my front two windows done in 20% and was impressed by it, decided to get the whole car done in 20% over factory and 60 on the windshield. Really wanted 45 or30 for looks but decided it wasn't worth the hassle of getting pulled over more frequently. So far so good. No issues with police, and the car is very cool even on these 90 degree days we've been having in the south.

#6 ·
^I would like to fully tint my windshield too... just as the above fella did, but yearly inspection stickers and county sickers would mean yearly tinting. I suppose you could leave a few square inches untinted, but would have to find a COOL shop to inspect as thats a NO NO in Virginia.

#17 ·
It cost 300 for just the windshield. It's done in wincos 60% and honestly from the inside I can barely tell its tinted. And actually looks clearer than stock, I don't know if its Bc the wincos takes away glare or is it Bc they cleaned my windshield before they did it. But it's very clear. If you ever seen wincos it has a slight blue tint to it, even at the 20% and that's what makes it different. It actually blocks ir light which causes heat.

----------

I see that you are in lousiana as well. I opted not to get a brake tag and risk the fix it ticket.

What are your plans after the brake tag expires?
My brake tag is on a thick zag iPad screen protector and can be easily peeled off as to not mess up the tint. There's a few places around town that will hand you a brake tag. Might cost a little extra but definitely can get it. If you go any darker than 60 than you have to cut your tint and apply the tag against the window which will make it a pain to cleanly re do a brake tag. Also my sister has 15% all around her cts with 35% on the window and her car is no where nearly as cool as mine on the inside.

#28 ·
It's illegal here too, but it's so darn hot in New Orleans.... And i drive my car mostly during morning rush time, and 10pm at night to get home (work 14 hour days) so not too worried, but when I'm off, if I have to go anywhere, I'll drive like normal, but maybe roll down the windows to let more light in so the windshield doesn't look so dark if I'm riding near a police officer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.