Front windshield tint - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Front windshield tint in Cadillac Escalade Forums; There are window films available for the windshield that are legal....
    MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Front windshield tint

There are window films available for the windshield that are legal.

gdirty5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE132 View Post
    Gritty does it impair your visibility at night at all? Also what did they charge to tint your windshield . Was it hard for them and how long did it take? I like the look
    It cost 300 for just the windshield. It's done in wincos 60% and honestly from the inside I can barely tell its tinted. And actually looks clearer than stock, I don't know if its Bc the wincos takes away glare or is it Bc they cleaned my windshield before they did it. But it's very clear. If you ever seen wincos it has a slight blue tint to it, even at the 20% and that's what makes it different. It actually blocks ir light which causes heat.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Singh G View Post
    I see that you are in lousiana as well. I opted not to get a brake tag and risk the fix it ticket.

What are your plans after the brake tag expires?
    My brake tag is on a thick zag iPad screen protector and can be easily peeled off as to not mess up the tint. There's a few places around town that will hand you a brake tag. Might cost a little extra but definitely can get it. If you go any darker than 60 than you have to cut your tint and apply the tag against the window which will make it a pain to cleanly re do a brake tag. Also my sister has 15% all around her cts with 35% on the window and her car is no where nearly as cool as mine on the inside.

Singh G is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gdirty5 View Post

It cost 300 for just the windshield. It's done in wincos 60% and honestly from the inside I can barely tell its tinted. And actually looks clearer than stock, I don't know if its Bc the wincos takes away glare or is it Bc they cleaned my windshield before they did it. But it's very clear. If you ever seen wincos it has a slight blue tint to it, even at the 20% and that's what makes it different. It actually blocks ir light which causes heat.

----------

My brake tag is on a thick zag iPad screen protector and can be easily peeled off as to not mess up the tint. There's a few places around town that will hand you a brake tag. Might cost a little extra but definitely can get it. If you go any darker than 60 than you have to cut your tint and apply the tag against the window which will make it a pain to cleanly re do a brake tag. Also my sister has 15% all around her cts with 35% on the window and her car is no where nearly as cool as mine on the inside.
    My wrangler has 20% front and back. 35% windshield. I went lighter on the escalade because my wife drives it as well.

Thank you. Sent you a pm.

Better pic if the windshield...

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

here is my windshield122938[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images

Caddy2489 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

20% Tint All Around
    35% Full Windshield

better pic of front windshieldwindshield.jpg

Man, seeing all these dark windshields, I just brought my car back to get it tinted in a darker wincos tint. 40% looking forward to see how it comes out tonight. Said it'll take most of the day bc they have to strip my 60% off

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    That's awesome! Here is MA I would get ****ed having that. I got pulled over twice for my side windows. One ticket for $250 and another for $600.00

Caddy2489 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I live in MA and have yet (knock on wood) to have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    That's awesome! Here is MA I would get ****ed having that. I got pulled over twice for my side windows. One ticket for $250 and another for $600.00

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I never had a problem with my Benz I had before maybe bc it was black and the cops didn't notice, But with the escalade being white maybe the black tints stick out more. The first time was a local cop (Wellesley) and the last time it was a statey.

It's illegal here too, but it's so darn hot in New Orleans.... And i drive my car mostly during morning rush time, and 10pm at night to get home (work 14 hour days) so not too worried, but when I'm off, if I have to go anywhere, I'll drive like normal, but maybe roll down the windows to let more light in so the windshield doesn't look so dark if I'm riding near a police officer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.