Replacing chrome parts solid black
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Replacing chrome parts solid black in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Does anyone have part numbers or know of anyone who could get get me the number of a place with ...
    mbdubb2361 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade

Replacing chrome parts solid black

Does anyone have part numbers or know of anyone who could get get me the number of a place with them? Would like to replace most of my chrome with just black parts. It's just to much for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Re: Replacing chrome parts solid black

You can replace the grill with a color matched grill direct from GM. I forget the part number, I ordered mine on Amazon I believe and it helped the front end of mine become mostly black instead of chrome/black. For the remaining chrome accents such as the hood chrome piece I tapped it off and used permatex plasti dip to paint it black to match. I went this route so that I could easily remove the black at anytime rather than have a permanent color change.

Quote Originally Posted by blackex
    You can replace the grill with a color matched grill direct from GM. I forget the part number, I ordered mine on Amazon I believe and it helped the front end of mine become mostly black instead of chrome/black. For the remaining chrome accents such as the hood chrome piece I tapped it off and used permatex plasti dip to paint it black to match. I went this route so that I could easily remove the black at anytime rather than have a permanent color change.
    Thanks that's an awesome idea! I think I'll go that route to. Thanks again

The plasti dip leaves sort of a flat black finish so it sort of sticks out however it's not that noticeable to me and it was cheap and fast to do.

Damndirtyape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by blackex View Post
    The plasti dip leaves sort of a flat black finish so it sort of sticks out however it's not that noticeable to me and it was cheap and fast to do.
    Especially if you mix a little blue in it but I might have had a little overspray from doing the chrome bits. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Damndirtyape

Especially if you mix a little blue in it but I might have had a little overspray from doing the chrome bits. LOL
    Did you use the same kind of paint also how did you do the rims? A spray or brush?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by blackex
    Do you have pics?

"Overspray" would be an understatement in this case lol

----------

I can take some and post them when I get a chance.

Damndirtyape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by mbdubb2361 View Post
    Did you use the same kind of paint also how did you do the rims? A spray or brush?

----------

Do you have pics?
    Yes, I used plasti dip thinned with xylene & vm&p naptha and sprayed with a hvlp gun. The rims I did with the plasti dip cans. it can all be peeled and taken back to 100% factory stock looks if I were so inclined.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.