Got some REAL instruction from Car2U about programming our garage door openers.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Got some REAL instruction from Car2U about programming our garage door openers. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So I just picked up my 07 EXT a week ago and I've been sorting through everything. I spent an ...
    AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Got some REAL instruction from Car2U about programming our garage door openers.

So I just picked up my 07 EXT a week ago and I've been sorting through everything. I spent an hour or so yesterday screwing with the garage door opener to no avail. First off, at least for me, the information in the manual, online, in the forums, everywhere I looked was totally wrong. And honestly it makes sense, every garage door opener is different so how can they have truly universal instructions?

My garage door opener is a Liftmaster security+ from 2003 (rolling code). I've had no problems syncing with homelink before, but this was definitely giving me trouble.

The first "wrong" thing I've seen in ever single post and manual about programming the garage door openers is to hold the outside button for between 20-30 seconds. This simply clears the codes. In order to set it to "learning mode" you only hold the two outside for about 2 seconds and release and then all three lights will stay on.

The overhead light on my garage door opener had to be on according to the Car2U rep, so I turned it on manually with my wall switch, then pressed the learn button on my overhead unit. Then (IMPORTANT) as I walked back to the truck I had to step OVER the safety eye going across the bottom of the garage- apparently stepping through it cancels the learn function! Over that obstacle, I jumped in, pressed and held the "1" key for about a second or two, and then the bulb in the overhead flashed and the garage door moved at which point I immediately released. Boom, programmed.

So Cliffs:
    To program a Liftmaster Security+ garage door opener:

Press two outside garage openers for only 2 seconds or so until all 3 lights stay on solid when you release
    Turn on overhead light to garage door opener if it is not already on
    Press learn button on overhead unit
    If your car is outside of the garage step over the beam from the optical safety eyes as you walk out
    Press the desired garage door opener key inside and release once the garage door light flashes. This should happen within a couple of seconds.
    Your opener is now programmed!

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Got some REAL instruction from Car2U about programming our garage door openers.

There are two different Home Link systems in the Escalade's, not sure when in 07' they changed, in the (4) new 07's I had there was a insert in the owners manual showing the different programming, you could tell by the Home Link buttons, one type were soft buttons and the others were hard buttons

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Re: Got some REAL instruction from Car2U about programming our garage door openers.

Interesting! Yeah this is definitely the Car2U system, not Homelink, as it has the hard buttons plus the Car2U guys got it figured out Honestly the instructions in the manual did seem similar to a Homelink instruction set. The Car2U is honestly MUCH easier to program once you know how

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.