Service suspension system
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Service suspension system in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I can't believe before I can take care if one issue another pops up, i just girbthis thing in march,this ...
    02caddilade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade awd 6.0

Service suspension system

I can't believe before I can take care if one issue another pops up, i just girbthis thing in march,this time it says service suspension system, I could always here the compressor running rite after I started it but today I couldn't hear it then the warning came on, any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Service suspension system

Anyone know where the relay is I can check?

Ran-Dom32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I feel your pain.... I got my '07 in April & its been one thing after another... & I just spent $600 on a new arnott compressor & rear shocks... I doubt its the relay , its under the hood near the main fuse box, small square box... & I just wasted $50 at napa hoping this was the problem, do a you tube search & there are video's how to trouble shoot the system.. odds are your compressor is shot & so are the air shocks, good luck

----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ub_AdR7pTY

this guy has some good info on how to test your air ride system.. check out his other video's , it shows how to test the relay, hopefully it will save you time & money, read the comments below his video's.. good info. I spent alot of time reading up last week .. everything points back to a bad compressor in my case

xlraw is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the same problem on my 07 escalade and I was told that the escm need to be replaced and it costs around 500 but I want to get a second opinion b4 I do any repairs. The youtube video is short r there any other videos.

I think I'll just get all the problems fixed then sell it and get into something less problematic , it's a shame I always have loved Cadillac

Sorry to hear that but I haven't had any problems other than this but that's the price you pay for cadillac I will keep u posted what I find out.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    It also could be a snapped rear link. They are like 10 bucks and u can put it in urself.

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    It also could be a snapped rear link. They are like 10 bucks and u can put it in urself.
    I'm not familiar with the rear link, what is it/ where is it? Thank

I think he is talking about the linkage that moves the sensor for the ride height, its behind the rear wheels,

It seems to be working again today,

mine does the same thing ... I get the service suspension system message every once & a while... drives me nuts

escalade kidd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade EXT

Mine is going in to the dealer on Monday for suspension system service. I will let you know the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by xlraw View Post
    I have the same problem on my 07 escalade and I was told that the escm need to be replaced and it costs around 500 but I want to get a second opinion b4 I do any repairs. The youtube video is short r there any other videos.
    I ended up having to change this module as well, found a used on e on ebay for $175, (this is after I changed the compressor, shocks & relay) there was really nothing left... finally everything is functioning properly & no service lights, what next?? lol

Ok i just got around to fixing my suspension problem after going to the gm dealership and spending 300 for them to tell me what the problem was. I ended up replacing the front sensor and air compressor which i got from gmpartsdirect way cheaper than the dealership. Problem fixed no more service suspension system.Total cost around 550 with labour. Another problem I have is going over small bumps and hearing squeaks from front end. Any ideas.

Front Shocks? IDK , I'm just happy I've gone a few weeks with everything functioning properly!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.