07 Escalade stalling when hot
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 07 Escalade stalling when hot in Cadillac Escalade Forums; HELP........I TOO HAVE AN 07 Escalade. Was driving last week from NC to AZ towing my sons vw gti on ...
    Jmdkan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade

07 Escalade stalling when hot

HELP........I TOO HAVE AN 07 Escalade. Was driving last week from NC to AZ towing my sons vw gti on an auto transporter . The first day which was the hardest because of up and down hills it did great. The second day about half way through I pulled into gas station and it stalled as I was pulling into pump. Tried to start and. It cranked but would not start. Got gas and went to restroom and tried again . This time it started but when it did it had no power and was barely running for like 2 -3 seconds then resumed normal idle. 3-4 hours later after running fine on the highway at the. Next gas station it did it again . This time called AAA had the vehicle towed and dropped the VW off the transporter off and had my wife drive it. Caddy dealer in NM had it for a day and could not duplicate or find nothing wrong. Continued our trip without transporter driving 2 vehicles. stopped for gas once and it did not stall. next stop was our destination in Phoenix . I came off highway to exit and hit a red light and it stalled. Restarted after 5 mins again low power at first and drove it right to Caddy dealer . After 3 days no luck at duplicating and no codes tripped. Also fuel pump was tested and checked out ok. It is out of warranty and I don't want to start throwing money at it guessing what's wrong ..........I do not want to trade it in . We love the vehicle bunt my wife is scared to drive it . It has 84 k if that helps .....Thanks. !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

longmere is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Deville, 2007 Escalade EXT

Re: 07 Escalade stalling when hot

I have the same problem with an 07, runs fine on the highway and around town. After running about a half hour and it gets hot, it will stall at a light. It won't fire up with starting fluid but will start after cranking with the throttle full open (which doesn't make any sense) Replaced crankshaft sensors and throttle body sensor. No codes. Please post on what or if you finally found the problem.

ticktock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Do a search on this forum for "camshaft actuator". I replaced mine after similar issues. I also changed the oil a couple of times within 1000 miles and switched it to synthetic. (I bought mine second hand and have no idea what type of oil the previous owner used). My theory is that the VVT system sticks on and won't let the cam advance to the correct valve timing when the rpms drop so it runs rough and stalls when it returns to idle.

Greg

longmere is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Deville, 2007 Escalade EXT

I have an 07 Escalade EXT with 100K on it. When this started happening, I changed out the crankshaft sensors, no change. I cleaned the throttle body, no change. I changed out the throttle valve sensor and controller, no change. I thought that it might be the ECM getting hot, poured two gallons of cold water over it the next time it acted up, no change. I had a fuel pressure meter hooked up when it stalled, the pressure did not drop down from 60-50 until after it died. The car has been serviced regularly. The dealership that this car was purchased from is of no help. I'm getting disappointed with Cadillac, especially when there have been so many posts on this site with the same problem, and they don't have a solution to fix the problem. I never have any problem with the vehicle stalling around town. It performs perfectly on the open road. It only stalls after getting hot. It was a little bit of a problem when it stalled iin rush hour traffic on the 210 freeway. The only way to keep it from stalling is to keep the rpm's up. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

My truck experienced the same problem, and it was solved by new plugs/wires, cleaning of the throttle body, and replacing the camshaft actuator.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Try a few cans of dry gas, you may have some water in the fuel filter that acts up from time to time, sounds strange but we just had this happen to a customer

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi everyone,

It seems like several of you are experiencing similar difficulties with your Escalades. Many of you are giving tips on possible resolutions for the issues and any posts regarding successful fixes are always welcome. If you would like to PM me with your VIN, dealership, and contact information, I can research this issue on my end and document your concerns.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ldyoung71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade 09 CTS AWD

I had this problem most of last summer!!!! I have an 07. As everyone states, it is hard to duplicate at the right time for the dealer. My truck also died and would not start. Had it towed to dealer a couple times and couldn't duplicate issue. I have a thread on here somewhere. I had an open invite after a few times to drive it to dealer if/when it acted up again because they wanted to help me fix it. So after driving out of town for an hour to go riding off road vehicles I was trailering, it stalled. I immediately turned around and called my service advisor and said I'm on my way. He told me to come in and he'd have the techs hook fuel gauges and the computer to monitor codes when I got there. They drove around town with me and the trailer hooked up on and alas! It stalled! But there were no codes and no drops in fuel pressure. They were puzzled.... We couldn't figure out why it was doing it. He told me he'd like to research it and try to find out what was going on. I involved Cadillac customer service because my warranty was about to be up.. so while the advisor was researching over the next few days I replaced the camshaft position sensor, throttle body, plugs, wires, air filter, cleaned the maf sensor and none of it did a thing still stalled. I went back to dealer and he handed me a bottle of fuel injector cleaner..or some other type of industrial cleaner to pour in my gas tank (I can't remember the name of it). It was a black can with yellow writing on it. He told me it wasn't something I could buy off the shelf but give it a try run a full tank of gas and then try to tow again. It never happened after that. Oh.. and one other thing. I changed the oil. Sounds weird but one of the posts on here said something about maybe an oil filter being "loose" or something. I have always used mobil 5w30 synthetic as well. Those last two things (oil change / fluid from caddy dealer in tank) have stopped my issue (fingers crossed). It didn't happen the rest of the summer.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Techron gas treatment is a great product, GM dealership turned me on to it 20 years ago, dump a can every 5k miles

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ldyoung71 View Post
    I had this problem most of last summer!!!! I have an 07. As everyone states, it is hard to duplicate at the right time for the dealer. My truck also died and would not start. Had it towed to dealer a couple times and couldn't duplicate issue. I have a thread on here somewhere. I had an open invite after a few times to drive it to dealer if/when it acted up again because they wanted to help me fix it. So after driving out of town for an hour to go riding off road vehicles I was trailering, it stalled. I immediately turned around and called my service advisor and said I'm on my way. He told me to come in and he'd have the techs hook fuel gauges and the computer to monitor codes when I got there. They drove around town with me and the trailer hooked up on and alas! It stalled! But there were no codes and no drops in fuel pressure. They were puzzled.... We couldn't figure out why it was doing it. He told me he'd like to research it and try to find out what was going on. I involved Cadillac customer service because my warranty was about to be up.. so while the advisor was researching over the next few days I replaced the camshaft position sensor, throttle body, plugs, wires, air filter, cleaned the maf sensor and none of it did a thing still stalled. I went back to dealer and he handed me a bottle of fuel injector cleaner..or some other type of industrial cleaner to pour in my gas tank (I can't remember the name of it). It was a black can with yellow writing on it. He told me it wasn't something I could buy off the shelf but give it a try run a full tank of gas and then try to tow again. It never happened after that. Oh.. and one other thing. I changed the oil. Sounds weird but one of the posts on here said something about maybe an oil filter being "loose" or something. I have always used mobil 5w30 synthetic as well. Those last two things (oil change / fluid from caddy dealer in tank) have stopped my issue (fingers crossed). It didn't happen the rest of the summer.
    Hello ldyoung71,

Thanks for posting your experience within the thread. I am glad to hear that the Customer Care agent and the dealership was able to assist you with this concern and that you havenít experienced this concern since. I hope that your post assists other community members who are experiencing the same concern. Please donít hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

dj_dmorris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I have a 2007 Escalade with 117K miles on it and I am experiencing the same problems. My problems started off with the check engine light with a code of P0449 and tight gas cap. I purchased a new gas cap from the auto parts store. That didn’t work. Brought it to the shop and they said it was the emission control system that needed to be replaced. As I waited for the parts to come in I was told I could still operate the vehicle. A few days later the message of Service the Stabilatrack and Service Traction Control before the engine died. For the first 30 minutes it would not turn over. Finally it just started. I was about 75 miles away from home. It made it back home and to the shop without any hiccups. They couldn't find anything wrong. The next day the check engine light came on and I took it to the shop to have the emission control system replaced. After the shop completed the work the light went out and it felt ok. About 4 days later the truck felt like it was lacking power. I took it out of town again and it didn't stall until i returned and came to a complete stop at a light. I was there about 20 to 30 minutes and it started again. I was about 6 miles away from the house. I had to make rolling stops at the stop signs because it felt like it was going to stall out on me. This seems to be an ongoing issue that Cadillac has yet to resolve. Sounds like there should be some type of recall on something being that so many people are experiencing this problem. I don't want to go through replacing everything and spending unnecessary money. Has anyone come up with a resolution to this problem?

cutterman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Premium Edition

Consider replacing the crankshaft position sensor. When this is failing it will cause random stalling when hot and doesn't always trigger an appropriate DTC. They usually need replacing at some point after 100k miles.

jazzyj76544 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Same issue with my 07.. only 50000 miles ...the dealer found the same thing said that Greg said.. but before you pay the $1800 change your oil first..."
    Do a search on this forum for "camshaft actuator". I replaced mine after similar issues. I also changed the oil a couple of times within 1000 miles and switched it to synthetic. (I bought mine second hand and have no idea what type of oil the previous owner used). My theory is that the VVT system sticks on and won't let the cam advance to the correct
    valve timing when the rpms drop so it runs rough and stalls when it returns to idle."

Greg

|

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.