Escalade factory LED help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Escalade factory LED help in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I recently purchased a 10 Escalade Platinum and now the amber LED's on the drivers side headlight are out. What ...
    Stresst is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Escalade factory LED help

I recently purchased a 10 Escalade Platinum and now the amber LED's on the drivers side headlight are out. What do I do being I am out of the bumper to bumper warranty?? I am being told you need to replace the entire head light assembly? Is that possible? Please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    If its a 2010 you still have to 2014 for your warranty to end.

----------

And if you just bought it I would flip out on the dealer about it. I think it's a 90 day period they have to take care of defects, I know it's that way here in MA. But it could be something stupid like the baluster and you can buy that on eBay if you have no luck with the dealership.

Re: Escalade factory LED help

I am out of warranty due to high mileage......The truck is at the dealer for another issue as well but I am curious as to how to replace the lights. They said they would take care of it but what happens if the other side goes out. How the eff could GM design somthing this way??

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Stresst View Post
    I am out of warranty due to high mileage......The truck is at the dealer for another issue as well but I am curious as to how to replace the lights. They said they would take care of it but what happens if the other side goes out. How the eff could GM design somthing this way??
    It's not a GM thing, many of the LED headlights and taillights are not repairable and have to be replaced as a unit, they are lights and only last so long.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    It's not a GM thing, many of the LED headlights and taillights are not repairable and have to be replaced as a unit, they are lights and only last so long.
    So you think its a good idea that if the LED goes out its ok to spend $2500 for a new head light? This is a Cadillac not a Bugatti!

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

$$$$= cadillac cadillac parts=$$$$

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Try eBay, a few months back I saw that they were selling 2 platinum headlights for $1000.00

Mr.SWAG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): RRS S/C

Are you guys for real.. There's is no way you can't change just the LEDs .. Why would you have to replace a whole headlight, that is dumbest sh#t I ever heard..

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Stresst View Post
    So you think its a good idea that if the LED goes out its ok to spend $2500 for a new head light? This is a Cadillac not a Bugatti!
    I don't see anywhere in my post where I said it's a good idea that your LED is out, and it's ok to spend $2500 for a new light, DID I? No. It's just like with anything that you buy used, you have to be prepared for the worst case, because there is no warranty, even a standard HID headlight assy is over $1000, why don't you put it thru your insurance company.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.