Floor board between rear buckets different in Luxury and Premium? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Floor board between rear buckets different in Luxury and Premium? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Could someone with #2 please show a pic of the floor with the seats folded up? Im still trying to ...
    Blade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 ESV Plat;10 ESV Lux; 08 Suburban LTZ; 08 ESV-sold

Re: Floor board between rear buckets different in Luxury and Premium?

Could someone with #2 please show a pic of the floor with the seats folded up? Im still trying to understand what this extra floor piece looks like/ does....If there is an extra insert that those of us with #1 could get that smooth out the floor would be great!

sasakura is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

It looks like this was a design change made some time in 2010. The 2 piece carpeted captain chair base covers were upgraded to a smoother 1 piece unit. In the parts description it also mentions "for vehicle with plastic stanchion cover" and "for vehicle w/o plastic stanchion cover. I am not sure what this is in reference to.

I am interested in upgrading my platinum (linen) to the 1 piece unit. The part number for the 2 piece units are 25831284 (LH) and 25831285 (RH) and they run about $68.00 each. The part number for the 1 piece unit is 20922981 (Linen) and it runs about $102.00. The other colors are slightly higher.

The one piece unit can be found in the parts section- Section Cab and Body parts: wipers, mirrors, doors, trims, seatbelts. Component: Floor Covering and related parts. It is item number 16.

I think this would be a good upgrade because the high curbs on the two piece units are magnets for dirt especially with light carpet. Maybe Chris with Rippy could tell us if the 1 piece can be retrofitted.

carpet 1st DES.JPG

carpet 2nd DES.JPG

Blade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 ESV Plat;10 ESV Lux; 08 Suburban LTZ; 08 ESV-sold

Great info, sasakura! I would be in for buying the part as well. I've pulled up the part on the left second row seat, and its only attached with industrial Velcro. I would be surprised if the newer part attached any differently.

sasakura is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I just replaced all the carpet in my 2008 Escalade ESV so I wanted to get new floor mats that would provide maximum coverage. High End Motor Sports offers 2 styles of floor mats for between the rear captain's chairs. The 2011 and newer style floormat is wider than the 2007-2010 style. The wider style is designed to work with the one-piece factory carpet that Escaldes started coming with in 2011. I ordered and received a new 2011 OEM one-piece carpet section to replace the original style. Here are some pics of the install.

2nd row original carpet 2.jpg
    Original 2008 carpet section under Captain's chairs.

2nd row carpet comparison 2.jpg
    Comparison of design change.

New 2nd row carpet 2.jpg
    New carpet section installed.

New floor mats 2.jpg
    New wider floor mats installed.

The new one-piece carpet seems to fit into place fine but I would be interested to see what is underneath a factory installed piece if anyone gets a chance to post a photo (like additional padding, velcro or anchoring points). The new floor mats definitely provide more coverage than the OEM's but they are not as tight a weave. I love that the 2nd row and between the captains chairs floor mat is all one section.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.