Push Button Start system installed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Push Button Start system installed in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I had the Easygo Smart key system installed in my 2008 vehicle. It adds push button start and a new ...
    lilpenny1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

Push Button Start system installed

I had the Easygo Smart key system installed in my 2008 vehicle. It adds push button start and a new alarm system. Includes remote start, you can lock/arm, disarm/unlock system from new door handle, and open rear liftgate windwow w/remote. This push button start system works different w/GM vehicles. You have to press the button once to activate it, then press the brake pedal and push the button again to start the vehicle. With the vehicle in park, just hold the button for 2-3 seconds to turn off the engine. I missed having push-button start on my Lexus so once I found out about this system I decided to give it a try. So far it works pretty good.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mr.SWAG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): RRS S/C

Re: Push Button Start system installed

How much is the kit if you don't mind me asking? I like it nice work

$650

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Looks great!!

Singh G is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade
    I approve of this mod. 650 installed? Who did the work?

With tax and labor it's about 1k. I had a local shop install it who is an authorized dealer. You can get the kit alone on amazon for DIY. They cover several different vehicles and models. For escalades get the Yukon/gmc kit.

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Shame on gm for not having this as standard or even available on such an expensive car. Set up looks good, congratulations.
    tx22 likes this.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Have push to start in most of my cars, tell you the truth if you have to carry a fob I would rather have a normal key start, but then again I am old

xlraw is offline Cadillac Owners Member

can you still open the rear access door with the remote and where is the manual override buttons located

Yes, the remote opens the rear access door. For override, if you mean if the remote battery goes dead. You can still use the key, then you hold the remote next to the start button and press the unlock button on the remote.

Do you only carry one remote and did you give up your factory remote??

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Could you please post a couple of side by side pics of the new fob next to the factory fob for comparison?

Thanks.

Yes, only one remote the new one. I'll post side by side pics later. The remote also slides open and you can carry a spare key that you have to have cut that fits inside for backup.

----------

I tried to post more pics with the side by side remotes but it said I exceeded the quota? Sorry.

Ahh, no Cadillac remote!?!?!?! Well, we all have our limits. I like the install and the novelty of the system, but not at the expense of my remote. Thats just me though.

mbdubb2361 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade
    Ok that's awesome! It kills me to think that driving by a Kia that it has more tech then my 2011 Slade.. This should be a standard feather since the body style change or at least 2010.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by lilpenny1
    I had the Easygo Smart key system installed in my 2008 vehicle. It adds push button start and a new alarm system. Includes remote start, you can lock/arm, disarm/unlock system from new door handle, and open rear liftgate windwow w/remote. This push button start system works different w/GM vehicles. You have to press the button once to activate it, then press the brake pedal and push the button again to start the vehicle. With the vehicle in park, just hold the button for 2-3 seconds to turn off the engine. I missed having push-button start on my Lexus so once I found out about this system I decided to give it a try. So far it works pretty good.
    Where are you located, just wondering? That's an awesome idea and it looks great.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by lilpenny1
    Also about how long did it take to install?
    hannity likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.