Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Push Button Start system installed

29K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  babylade 
#1 ·
I had the Easygo Smart key system installed in my 2008 vehicle. It adds push button start and a new alarm system. Includes remote start, you can lock/arm, disarm/unlock system from new door handle, and open rear liftgate windwow w/remote. This push button start system works different w/GM vehicles. You have to press the button once to activate it, then press the brake pedal and push the button again to start the vehicle. With the vehicle in park, just hold the button for 2-3 seconds to turn off the engine. I missed having push-button start on my Lexus so once I found out about this system I decided to give it a try. So far it works pretty good.

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
Yes, only one remote the new one. I'll post side by side pics later. The remote also slides open and you can carry a spare key that you have to have cut that fits inside for backup.

----------

I tried to post more pics with the side by side remotes but it said I exceeded the quota? Sorry.

#15 ·
Ok that's awesome! It kills me to think that driving by a Kia that it has more tech then my 2011 Slade.. This should be a standard feather since the body style change or at least 2010.

----------

Where are you located, just wondering? That's an awesome idea and it looks great.

----------

Also about how long did it take to install?

#16 ·
Los Angeles area, I took it to a local shop and it took all day but they were nice enough to give me a free rental. You can email the company and they can tell you where authorized installers are nearby.
Yeah it kills me that this feature has been nonexistent in all the models.

#17 ·
lilpenny1 said:
Los Angeles area, I took it to a local shop and it took all day but they were nice enough to give me a free rental. You can email the company and they can tell you where authorized installers are nearby.
Yeah it kills me that this feature has been nonexistent in all the models.
Thanks I'm in the Atlanta area and the only dealers are none gmc dealers in my area which is kinda funny. Oh well lets see what they can do. Thanks

#19 ·
Yeah, the funny thing is they list GM and Toyota dealers on the website as authorized dealers but when I called them they knew nothing about this. It's still kind of new. I think it came out last year or this year. Make sure the place you take it to has done the install before.

#21 ·
For service if you're still under warranty you shouldn't have any problems. This doesn't really affect anything major on the vehicle. The system actually still uses the key to start so they keep your original key, this just eliminates putting the key in the ignition.

#22 ·
lilpenny1 said:
For service if you're still under warranty you shouldn't have any problems. This doesn't really affect anything major on the vehicle. The system actually still uses the key to start so they keep your original key, this just eliminates putting the key in the ignition.
So is that just a cover over the key hole, it doesn't get removed? That's really good to know.

#24 ·
At first I didn't see what the big deal was on keyless entry, but now I have another vehicle where you walk right up, open the door and push to go. Love it. This system will be considered..... But still waiting to new esky and may just wait for that new beast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.