Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Push Button Start system installed

30K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  babylade 
#1 ·
I had the Easygo Smart key system installed in my 2008 vehicle. It adds push button start and a new alarm system. Includes remote start, you can lock/arm, disarm/unlock system from new door handle, and open rear liftgate windwow w/remote. This push button start system works different w/GM vehicles. You have to press the button once to activate it, then press the brake pedal and push the button again to start the vehicle. With the vehicle in park, just hold the button for 2-3 seconds to turn off the engine. I missed having push-button start on my Lexus so once I found out about this system I decided to give it a try. So far it works pretty good.

Attachments

See less See more
#33 ·
Just had this iKEY RS from Digital Guard Dawg installed today and it’s 95% perfect. My installer had the ‘lade for 6 hours to remove an alarm system (to fix the sh!**y Viper install) and install it right.

BAD: Still have to use a key in the ignition to put it in gear. We are working on solving that, so it’s truly “keyless”.
Round antennas are visible through the glass (front & back)

GOOD: RFID lock and unlock works perfect.
Push start is cool and has 3 modes (Start, ACC for radio only, and ACC plus fans and stuff)
Has an alarm system.
Remote start works like before.
Vehicle Car Technology Model car Electronic device

Car Luxury vehicle Vehicle

#38 ·
The lock/ unlock function I was after is the same as Corvettes and others, where it senses the FOB within a few feet then locks/ unlocks. What I've found out is that GM's security will only unlock the shifter with a key, so it has to be disabled or have a modded key inserted and turned to ACC (covered or uncovered). In either one of those, the truck can be put into gear when it's not running and I'm not comfortable knowing that could happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.