2007 Escalade Electrial/Engine Issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade Electrial/Engine Issues in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2007 Escalade with 125,000 miles. I'm sorry for the long post, but I'm hoping someone out there ...
    skschneidy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Platinum

2007 Escalade Electrial/Engine Issues

I have a 2007 Escalade with 125,000 miles. I'm sorry for the long post, but I'm hoping someone out there has an idea to help me, since the dealer seems to think I'm just some stupid girl who is imagining these problems...

About 2 months ago, I started experiencing electrical issues - power steps folding in and out while driving, every warning message imaginable popping up, etc - and finally had the vehicle lose all power. I could use my key to manually unlock doors so I could open the hood and found I could generally regain power by strongly shaking the positive battery cable (or by removing and replacing it). Replaced battery, but problem continued. Finally got it to dealer, where they "found electrical harness failing coming apart" and replaced the harness. I drove out of the dealership and straight to the bank (approx. 5 miles) only to have it stall in the atm drive-thru. Went to restart and have full electrical power, but nothing from the motor/starter. Dealer sent service tech to me at the bank, who found damaged starter. They towed it back to the dealership and replaced the starter. While there, I mentioned a clunking noise and feeling when accelerating from a stop. I read about broken motor mounts on the forum and asked them to check. They confirmed broken motor mounts and replaced engine and transmission motor mounts. Picked vehicle up and noticed power step on driver side folded out when I get to vehicle and add oil message displayed (oil changed approx. 40 miles ago). Also notice long blackout delay between reverse camera and resuming radio screen. Make it home without any problems. Hope they've gotten all the bugs out.

Next day, drive to Orchard Supply (about 25 miles) with no problems. Lock vehicle, head into store, make purchases. Come out, unlock vehicle, load purchases and one-year-old son into vehicle and go to start. Again, full electrical power, nothing from engine/starter. Call dealership who advises I call AAA and have it towed to them. When tow truck arrives, driver tries some Grand Theft Auto move and attempts to jump the vehicle from the starter. I have no idea what possessed him to do this. Needless to say, engine did not crank and starter buzzing away for approximately 3 minutes while he tries to remove battery cable. I see smoke coming out from under the hood. Tow truck driver quickly loads vehicle and zooms off to dealership. I called service rep at dealer and told him what happened.

Next day, receive call from dealer service rep stating burned up starter. NO S**T, tow truck driver had it turning for 3 minutes! They replace starter under warranty since it's been 2 days since I picked it up. I ask them to please check other wires, etc because vehicle wouldn't start before the burning up episode. Reminded him of oil message and step issue from last pick-up. Called back two days later and told that diagnostics not pulling up any errors, but they will keep trying.

One week later, receive call from new service rep saying oil pan gasket blown. I ask if this could be cause of my non-starting and told they're not related, but that my starting problem solved by new starter. I am not convinced.

They want me to pick it up, but I'm afraid of being stranded again with my son. It is regularly over 100 degrees here in the summer and I'm terrified the vehicle will stall or not start in an area where I can't get him to cool/shade. I understand that electrical problems are difficult to diagnose, but I don't see how leaving it in the lot and starting it up every couple days is all they can do. I don't care if the service rep uses it as her personal car for a week. How do I convince them that they need to test drive the vehicle, not just start it in the lot?

Thank you, everyone, and I apologize for the long post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 2007 Escalade Electrial/Engine Issues

they do test drive the vehicle to try to mimic your problem but if it does not happen when they drive it it means its fix to them best thing to do know is try another dealership same happen to me with a dealership they could not figure it out took it to another one and got it fixed

gabe8496 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV, 94 Mustang GT

I haven't had all the issues you've had but I've had it stall on me and my wife. Total power loss for about 10-15mins then it "magically" has power restored. Last time it happened to me, I disconnected both pos & neg cables, cleaned battery terminals and applied dielectric grease. It ran flawlessly for about a month. Then about 2 weeks ago, wife took it and all was well and when she was about to leave, no power. My brother-in-law started pulling the neg. cable with key on and power came back. I'm thinking these power cables (originally installed and replacements) are complete junk.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by skschneidy View Post
    I have a 2007 Escalade with 125,000 miles. I'm sorry for the long post, but I'm hoping someone out there has an idea to help me, since the dealer seems to think I'm just some stupid girl who is imagining these problems...

About 2 months ago, I started experiencing electrical issues - power steps folding in and out while driving, every warning message imaginable popping up, etc - and finally had the vehicle lose all power. I could use my key to manually unlock doors so I could open the hood and found I could generally regain power by strongly shaking the positive battery cable (or by removing and replacing it). Replaced battery, but problem continued. Finally got it to dealer, where they "found electrical harness failing coming apart" and replaced the harness. I drove out of the dealership and straight to the bank (approx. 5 miles) only to have it stall in the atm drive-thru. Went to restart and have full electrical power, but nothing from the motor/starter. Dealer sent service tech to me at the bank, who found damaged starter. They towed it back to the dealership and replaced the starter. While there, I mentioned a clunking noise and feeling when accelerating from a stop. I read about broken motor mounts on the forum and asked them to check. They confirmed broken motor mounts and replaced engine and transmission motor mounts. Picked vehicle up and noticed power step on driver side folded out when I get to vehicle and add oil message displayed (oil changed approx. 40 miles ago). Also notice long blackout delay between reverse camera and resuming radio screen. Make it home without any problems. Hope they've gotten all the bugs out.

Next day, drive to Orchard Supply (about 25 miles) with no problems. Lock vehicle, head into store, make purchases. Come out, unlock vehicle, load purchases and one-year-old son into vehicle and go to start. Again, full electrical power, nothing from engine/starter. Call dealership who advises I call AAA and have it towed to them. When tow truck arrives, driver tries some Grand Theft Auto move and attempts to jump the vehicle from the starter. I have no idea what possessed him to do this. Needless to say, engine did not crank and starter buzzing away for approximately 3 minutes while he tries to remove battery cable. I see smoke coming out from under the hood. Tow truck driver quickly loads vehicle and zooms off to dealership. I called service rep at dealer and told him what happened.

Next day, receive call from dealer service rep stating burned up starter. NO S**T, tow truck driver had it turning for 3 minutes! They replace starter under warranty since it's been 2 days since I picked it up. I ask them to please check other wires, etc because vehicle wouldn't start before the burning up episode. Reminded him of oil message and step issue from last pick-up. Called back two days later and told that diagnostics not pulling up any errors, but they will keep trying.

One week later, receive call from new service rep saying oil pan gasket blown. I ask if this could be cause of my non-starting and told they're not related, but that my starting problem solved by new starter. I am not convinced.

They want me to pick it up, but I'm afraid of being stranded again with my son. It is regularly over 100 degrees here in the summer and I'm terrified the vehicle will stall or not start in an area where I can't get him to cool/shade. I understand that electrical problems are difficult to diagnose, but I don't see how leaving it in the lot and starting it up every couple days is all they can do. I don't care if the service rep uses it as her personal car for a week. How do I convince them that they need to test drive the vehicle, not just start it in the lot?

Thank you, everyone, and I apologize for the long post.
    Hello skschneidy,

I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with electrical issues in your Escalade. I know how reoccurring problems in a vehicle can be very frustrating. I would like to assist you in working with the dealership regarding this issue. Could you please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with so I can speak with them about this concern. I do see that you are a new user, if you are not able to send us a private message, you can also email the information to socialmedia@gm.com. Make sure you include “ATTN GREG OR LAURA” in the subject line so it gets delivered to one of us. Thank you very much for your time, and I look forward to assisting you with this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

djrick508 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    @Gabe....I am having the same issue with power shutting off intermittently then coming back on a few minutes later. Just wondering what resolved your problem before I take mine to the dealership. Thanks, Rick

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by djrick508 View Post
    @Gabe....I am having the same issue with power shutting off intermittently then coming back on a few minutes later. Just wondering what resolved your problem before I take mine to the dealership. Thanks, Rick
    Hello Rick,

I apologize you are also experiencing an intermittent power issue. I see you are willing to take the vehicle into the dealership. If you would like to further discuss this issue and have us stay involved throughout this process, please private message us.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.