Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: 08 squeaking noise

02caddilade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade awd 6.0

08 squeaking noise

My 08 6.2 awd has a squeaking noise coming from the rear pass wheel, the faster I go the faster the squeak the slower I go thevskowervthe squeak . If I hit my brakes it makes no difference, any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Any answers to this comment? I have the same issue on a 08' AWD. Except that If I step on the brake lightly, while the brake pedal is down the noise goes away. When I let go of the brake pedal the noise comes back.

Re: 08 squeaking noise

Hello 02caddilade and bruin300,

I am unable to offer advice as to what this issue could be due to not being a certified technician. If you private message me with your VIN, I am more than happy to research this issue for you to see what I can find. If either of you are willing to work with a dealership on this concern, please also let me know via private message if you choose to continue to interact with me.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

I would check the wheel bearings for the noise first. They are commonly replaced around 100,000k miles. How many miles do you have?

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by bruin300 View Post
    Any answers to this comment? I have the same issue on a 08' AWD. Except that If I step on the brake lightly, while the brake pedal is down the noise goes away. When I let go of the brake pedal the noise comes back.
    Your issue sounds like brakes. I'd begin with checking them. Replacing them may be in order.

Mine has 75k, it's the rear passenger tire on mine, i was told maybe a u-joint?

68,000 on mine. The dealer replaced the cap on the rim. That didn't do it. I replaced the rear brakes and that didn't do it. My noise also comes from the rear passenger area.

Took it to my mechanic today , he pulled off the tire, rotor and caliper, cleaned everything and now the noise is gone