Riding rough
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Riding rough in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello, I just recently purchased a 2008 Escalade ESV Platinum edition with less than 30,000 miles on it. I have ...
    jlt1699 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Riding rough

Hello,
    I just recently purchased a 2008 Escalade ESV Platinum edition with less than 30,000 miles on it. I have only driven it about 185 miles and it rides rough. I can feel every bump pr hump or imperfection in the road. Not exactly what I was expecting.

Any one have any thoughts on what it might be?

Is it possible it was lowered and then put back to factory?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Re: Riding rough

Could be lowered, does it have aftermarket wheels and tires? Is there much gap between the wheels and the fenders or the rear end sagging?

No it has factory wheels and rims. And what I believe to be normal gap between the tires and fenders.

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

How much air are you running in the tires

38-39

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jlt1699 View Post
    Hello,
    I just recently purchased a 2008 Escalade ESV Platinum edition with less than 30,000 miles on it. I have only driven it about 185 miles and it rides rough. I can feel every bump pr hump or imperfection in the road. Not exactly what I was expecting.

Any one have any thoughts on what it might be?

Is it possible it was lowered and then put back to factory?
    Hello jlt1699,

Congrats on your recent Escalade purchase! I am unable to offer any advice because I am not a certified technician, however I would like to further discuss these concerns with you and see if we can work with the dealership. If you please private message me with your contact information and VIN with current mileage I am more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Check your tires cold at 35/36, if you are at 38/39 cold they will be running in the low to mid 40's when they get hot, it will give you a very rough ride. Check your shock for leakage too

56geo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

I had a 2009 Buick Enclave traded it in on a 2010 Escalade the caddy rides just like my 2012 Gmc 1/2 ton pick-up the Buick rode great compared to the Escalade

lod03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

Sorry to hijack the thread but what is recommended for 18's stock rims & tires

WHEAT40201 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade EXT

That happened to me about a year ago on a 2009. One of my front shocks had frozen up and the other front shock was leaking. I had to replace them both and had a front end alignment.
    Now I think my back ones need to be looked at because it is riding rough again.

a_alkhateb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escallade
    A question guys. Assuming there is issue on the shock Absorber , freezes or leakage or whatever , shouldn't we get warning or any error message on the driver instrument panel ? Like check engine. Because I feel the same thing on my 09 escalade , sometimes. Feel it's rough , good idea to check the air pressure

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

You may get a service suspension system message but usually anything to do with the front struts doesn't appear as a warning message.

I was told I needed my right front strut replaced.
    Just saw where someone posted that Escalades don't have struts????

Would 1 strut make the whole car ride bad?

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Could someone show me these struts? All full size GM trucks have SHOCKS, if your dealership thinks these trucks have struts, or call them struts, then go find another dealership because they probably are not fit to repair your truck correctly. Seriously.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Could someone show me these struts? All full size GM trucks have SHOCKS, if your dealership thinks these trucks have struts, or call them struts, then go find another dealership because they probably are not fit to repair your truck correctly. Seriously.
    the front is technically a strut but GM somehow calls them a shock which is a pain because majorguard gm warranty will replace it for free if it was a strut. But since GM calls it a shock, they cannot cover it. How convenient!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.