Riding rough - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Riding rough in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I just went through the same thing on my wife's 2008 Escalade Platinum with 110k miles. I don't drive it ...
    y22kc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade Platinum

Re: Riding rough

I just went through the same thing on my wife's 2008 Escalade Platinum with 110k miles. I don't drive it much, but we went a small road trip, and it beat me up! Once we got home, I inspected the front shocks. Both were wet, so I ordered some OE shocks from rockauto. Once I got to installing them, I found the passenger one was the really bad one, driver's was seeping. After replacement, it rode much better. Feels a little rough from the rear, and the rear shocks look a little wet like oil leaking from them. I'm probably gonna use the arnotts for the rear since they are about $120 cheaper for the pair.

snidebj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Escalade

My Escalade with 1500 miles on it is still riding likes its on 4 steel posts. No codes appearing on the DIC. Tire pressures are at 35psi. Going back to the dealer for other issues this Thursday and I will have them check out the MRC.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by snidebj View Post
    My Escalade with 1500 miles on it is still riding likes its on 4 steel posts. No codes appearing on the DIC. Tire pressures are at 35psi. Going back to the dealer for other issues this Thursday and I will have them check out the MRC.
    Hello Brian,

I am sorry for any concerns you are experiencing with your Escalade. If you would like to further discuss your situation, please contact me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

snidebj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Escalade

I got so frustrated I tried a trick we used to use when our 1980's/90's vehicles had electric/electronic hiccups. I pulled the positive battery cable off for an hour or so, but usually just a few minutes works just to see if it would possibly work. WORKED!! Stereo now works - all the stereo/nav buttons work - phone now works - suspension is much better, softer ride but the vibration is still there.

So its now 3 hours later and the radio does not work, phone out, suspension harder than a rock! Vibrations are back to where they were previously, probably because the suspension tightened up again.

Pulled the battery cable for the second time and everything is working again radio, buttons, phone button, suspension softened up.

No codes showing on the DIC.

Uhm............inquiring minds want to know!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.