Faded Emblems... peeling window trim.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By clk199
  • 1 Post By 07BlkOnBlkEXT
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Faded Emblems... peeling window trim. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Recently picked up a new to me EXT and was shocked by two things. The emblems look HORRIBLE, as do ...
    clk199 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Faded Emblems... peeling window trim.

Recently picked up a new to me EXT and was shocked by two things. The emblems look HORRIBLE, as do the door/window trim. This is an 08, and spent very little time outside, as it had 2460 miles on it when I bought it this past monday! I had it in the shop for emmissions/inspection as I'm putting everything into my name, and mentioned the above to the service writer. He suggested I make another appointment and they would fix both under goodwill, and charge me a low "deductable". He went on about how tough the emblems are to remove, blah, bla, blah. The emblems pop off pretty easy, as I did it on my front grill I yanked off--- but perhaps all the gunk is the tough part? I should have just said toss two my way and I will do it, but I was in a rush.My main reason for this post is about the window trim. I have read threads where this has been discussed, but was wondering if folks had opinions about doing it, or leaving it as is? I may try to see how shinny I can buff what is there... I dont want them doing "body" work thats going to just peel again. If I opt not to fix it, I wonder if they would cut me a emblem... I'd do it myself, and give them my old on back! Caddy should just send us new ones!!! HAHA!The truck is awesome, I finally tinted it 15% all around, and I am happy with it. That said, its quite sad my 04 has better emblems and trim that this basically new truck. . . and my 04 has sat outside for literally years since the vette and wifeys ride get the garage...-nate
    hannity likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Faded Emblems... peeling window trim.

Emblems, chrome and window molding are a few problems associated with the Cadillac GMT-900 platform. All brands have problems, unfortunately our problems seem to be where the world can see them.

07BlkOnBlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

I got the Cadillac dealership to replace all 4 trim around the windows at no cost. If you ask the right people in the right way you might get lucky. There may even be a bulletin number out there you can reference. Good luck.
    hannity likes this.

I spoke to the dealership when I had it in for a sniff test and inspection, and they seemed receptive to doing the work... need to make a trip back to line it up!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by clk199 View Post
    I spoke to the dealership when I had it in for a sniff test and inspection, and they seemed receptive to doing the work... need to make a trip back to line it up!
    Hello Nate,

Congrats on your new Cadillac EXT! I am sorry the emblems and door/window trim do not look good. I see you are taking it back to the dealership who seemed to want to help resolve these issues for you. If you would like to continue our interaction, please private message me and you can update me on your situation and we can discuss any other concerns or questions you have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

^ Thanks Laura! I am so happy to have found a EXT with such low mileage, and will reach out to you if I have issue! Thanks for the offer! -n8

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by clk199 View Post
    ^ Thanks Laura! I am so happy to have found a EXT with such low mileage, and will reach out to you if I have issue! Thanks for the offer! -n8
    You are welcome clk199! Continue to enjoy your Escalade

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

brooklynallstar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Did you get your trim fixed?

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

The dealer didn't fix under warranty so I had to pay 250 for driver and 250 for driver rear for the moldings, I installed myself and the wind noise was gone as well extra bonus, mines was pealing as well. Also for the front and rear faded badges I used 3mm red reflective tape and took my time and cut it exact you cant tell the difference, The reason I did the tape instead of buying new ones is I didn't want it to happen 6 months again I had the tape on for a year and no fading. Also there is always a chance you can ruin your car by removing them as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.