Need Help with Vibration/Ride Issue...New 2013
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Need Help with Vibration/Ride Issue...New 2013 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2013 Escalade Premium AWD on 22" Platinum wheels with Magnetic ride control. Truck has just over 5k ...
    Ozzy12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Question Need Help with Vibration/Ride Issue...New 2013

I have a 2013 Escalade Premium AWD on 22" Platinum wheels with Magnetic ride control. Truck has just over 5k miles on the clock since February. Since new it has had a vibration and i have thought it did not ride well. Had a 2008 ext and a 2008 platinum and this rides harsher over imperfections, you seem to feel them all...my base C6 vette doesnt even feel like that all the time and sometimes on real harsh stuff it'll jar your teeth out.

At first it felt like it was in the front end, steering wheel vibrated. Dealer checked everything and couldn't get the tires road force under control so they threw two new tires on the steer axle. Go another period of time and still has a vibration, this feels like its in the seat, in fact vibration is so bad it shakes the passenger seat. Take the truck in, dealer performs balancing and says that everything is now good...puts 100 miles on it road testing. Hunter balancer shows worst tires is around 32psi in road force.

Get the truck back and it still vibrates. It's better but still harsh around town and every little bump is felt and at highway speed the vibration can be felt in the seat. Take it back to the dealer the next week and a tech rides with me. He at first says he doesn't thing there is anything he can do about what he's feeling, but then he says he feels it more on deceleration and thinks its a suspension problem. Leave the dealer, come back in two days and they've racked up 150 miles road testing and have replaced two tires (now somehow one of them was 80psi on road force machine) and tell me they had to go through four tires to get two good ones. Suspension and mrc system is supposedly fine. I assume everything is good and leave.

Truck still has a quiver and rides like a 3/4 ton truck, not an escalade. Today it was pouring rain on the way to work and I swear the vibration got worse, even going at 45-50mph on the highway instead of the usual 65-75. It was terrible when I let out of the gas, and felt very unsettling. The only other thing I've felt like this is when I had two cv shafts go out (needle bearings were shot) on my old h2, but that had a grinding noise, but the vibration when you were out of the throttle is nearly identical. Now dry pavement later in the day, everything seemed better, still overly sharp ride (think riding on bump stops), but the butt of the seat vibrating was better. Could this be because more power was being applied to the front diff instead of the rear due to the pooling water and possible wheel slip?

I guess I'm really thinking that I either have a driveline issue or that something in the suspension isn't correct causing each and every imperfection to be magnified and at highway speeds is magnifying into a vibration with each individual joint and crevasse. At low speed I literally feel every little concrete joint.

At this juncture I don't know if its a driveline issue, suspension, or wheel/tire related. I'm just frustrated...any ideas? Or am I just crazy.

I'm thinking of bringing it back to them, but I want a little more ammo. I think I should also probably ask to drive another mrc 22" wheeled regular wheelbase truck to see what is characteristic and what isn't, but again based on my previous driving history I don't think this is right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

Re: Need Help with Vibration/Ride Issue...New 2013

I have had a dodge 2500 from the factory have a drive shaft out of balance... it can happen, maybe thats something to look at. I know most dealers think if it's new there should be absolutely nothing wrong.. but all it takes is one guy on the assembly line to say "fk it" and move to the next vehicle.......

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy12 View Post
    I have a 2013 Escalade Premium AWD on 22" Platinum wheels with Magnetic ride control. Truck has just over 5k miles on the clock since February. Since new it has had a vibration and i have thought it did not ride well. Had a 2008 ext and a 2008 platinum and this rides harsher over imperfections, you seem to feel them all...my base C6 vette doesnt even feel like that all the time and sometimes on real harsh stuff it'll jar your teeth out.

At first it felt like it was in the front end, steering wheel vibrated. Dealer checked everything and couldn't get the tires road force under control so they threw two new tires on the steer axle. Go another period of time and still has a vibration, this feels like its in the seat, in fact vibration is so bad it shakes the passenger seat. Take the truck in, dealer performs balancing and says that everything is now good...puts 100 miles on it road testing. Hunter balancer shows worst tires is around 32psi in road force.

Get the truck back and it still vibrates. It's better but still harsh around town and every little bump is felt and at highway speed the vibration can be felt in the seat. Take it back to the dealer the next week and a tech rides with me. He at first says he doesn't thing there is anything he can do about what he's feeling, but then he says he feels it more on deceleration and thinks its a suspension problem. Leave the dealer, come back in two days and they've racked up 150 miles road testing and have replaced two tires (now somehow one of them was 80psi on road force machine) and tell me they had to go through four tires to get two good ones. Suspension and mrc system is supposedly fine. I assume everything is good and leave.

Truck still has a quiver and rides like a 3/4 ton truck, not an escalade. Today it was pouring rain on the way to work and I swear the vibration got worse, even going at 45-50mph on the highway instead of the usual 65-75. It was terrible when I let out of the gas, and felt very unsettling. The only other thing I've felt like this is when I had two cv shafts go out (needle bearings were shot) on my old h2, but that had a grinding noise, but the vibration when you were out of the throttle is nearly identical. Now dry pavement later in the day, everything seemed better, still overly sharp ride (think riding on bump stops), but the butt of the seat vibrating was better. Could this be because more power was being applied to the front diff instead of the rear due to the pooling water and possible wheel slip?

I guess I'm really thinking that I either have a driveline issue or that something in the suspension isn't correct causing each and every imperfection to be magnified and at highway speeds is magnifying into a vibration with each individual joint and crevasse. At low speed I literally feel every little concrete joint.

At this juncture I don't know if its a driveline issue, suspension, or wheel/tire related. I'm just frustrated...any ideas? Or am I just crazy.

I'm thinking of bringing it back to them, but I want a little more ammo. I think I should also probably ask to drive another mrc 22" wheeled regular wheelbase truck to see what is characteristic and what isn't, but again based on my previous driving history I don't think this is right.
    Hello Ozzy12,

I apologize that you have had so many issues with your Escalade’s ride and after so many visits to the dealership it is still persistent. Have you contacted Cadillac Customer Care about this issue? If you would like us to assist in this issue, please message us your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with. Thank you very much for your time, and I hope to hear from your soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Well since you've had other Escalades and know what they're meant to ride like, it doesn't sound like you're crazy.

I have a 12 Premium and it certainly doesn't ride the way you describe it. It sounds like something went wrong at the assembly plant or maybe a defective part, hopefully the dealer can identify the source and remedy it.

Not sure what state you're in, and it's probably too soon to be thinking lemon law, but might as well brush up on it just in case.

Good luck, and make sure you let us know how it works out in case someone else finds themselves having the same issue.

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Could be a drive shaft issue as mentioned. It's also possible that one of the wheels is bent or out of round.

joeG Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade ESV Black Ice

Re: Need Help with Vibration/Ride Issue...New 2013 Escalade Premium

Ozzy,

I just purchased a new 2013 Escalade Premium AWD just like yours a few days ago, it now has 920 miles. I bought it 800 miles away from my home and I am having what I think is the same issue. Mine has a build date of 5/13, which is very fresh. I have the same issues- rough ride, vibration that shakes the seat, makes it feel like the front is a little loose and it is coming from the center of the truck.

I have not had a chance to take mine to my local dealer yet, as I purchased it on Monday and today is Thursday. Please let me know if you had any luck or figured it out. Maybe the Cadillac rep can have them swap the wheels/tires with a good riding truck on the lot, even a used one, to see if the vibration goes away. I am wondering if it is a bad wheel or tire?? That would tell you quickly if it is in that area or to look at the suspension or drivetrain.

Lets keep this going to see if we both have a problem. Also, I had a 2011 ESV I sold in April and it was as smooth as can be, even at 97 mph on the highway.

I do notice that the quality of the dash gaps above the radio and the whole dash look bad. There are several areas in the interior that the trim pieces have issues, which I will have to ask for replacements. I hope GM isn't screwing this up to save money... especially at $76,000+ MSRP.

I will let you know what I fine in the coming weeks....

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

joeG Escalade that has to suck that you just bought it and have issues with it why dont you just take it back and get another one ?

Re: Need Help with Vibration/Ride Issue...New 2013 Escalade Premium

Quote Originally Posted by joeG Escalade View Post
    Ozzy,

I just purchased a new 2013 Escalade Premium AWD just like yours a few days ago, it now has 920 miles. I bought it 800 miles away from my home and I am having what I think is the same issue. Mine has a build date of 5/13, which is very fresh. I have the same issues- rough ride, vibration that shakes the seat, makes it feel like the front is a little loose and it is coming from the center of the truck.

I have not had a chance to take mine to my local dealer yet, as I purchased it on Monday and today is Thursday. Please let me know if you had any luck or figured it out. Maybe the Cadillac rep can have them swap the wheels/tires with a good riding truck on the lot, even a used one, to see if the vibration goes away. I am wondering if it is a bad wheel or tire?? That would tell you quickly if it is in that area or to look at the suspension or drivetrain.

Lets keep this going to see if we both have a problem. Also, I had a 2011 ESV I sold in April and it was as smooth as can be, even at 97 mph on the highway.

I do notice that the quality of the dash gaps above the radio and the whole dash look bad. There are several areas in the interior that the trim pieces have issues, which I will have to ask for replacements. I hope GM isn't screwing this up to save money... especially at $76,000+ MSRP.

I will let you know what I fine in the coming weeks....
    Hello joeG Escalade,

Congrats on your recent purchase of a 13' Escalade Premium. I am sorry you are already experiencing issues with your vehicle. I understand how this situation is frustrating. I do recommend working with your purchasing dealership to discuss these concerns. If you would like my assistance throughout this matter, please private message me and include your VIN, current mileage and the name and location of the dealer you are working with.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

joeG Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade ESV Black Ice

Tex,

I bought it 800 miles away... will rethink that move for future purchases. I have an apt with my local dealer tomorrow to get it looked at. It does suck!

----------

Cadillac Customer Care Laura,

I have an apt with my local deal to get this looked at. Hopefully it is just a bad wheel or something easy... I hope I did not get a bad one. I will keep you informed.

Quote Originally Posted by joeG Escalade View Post
    Tex,

I bought it 800 miles away... will rethink that move for future purchases. I have an apt with my local dealer tomorrow to get it looked at. It does suck!

----------

Cadillac Customer Care Laura,

I have an apt with my local deal to get this looked at. Hopefully it is just a bad wheel or something easy... I hope I did not get a bad one. I will keep you informed.
    Hello joeG Escalade,

Thank you for letting me know. I will be on the lookout for any future updates from you.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.