Magnaflow 12909 Muffler
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Magnaflow 12909 Muffler in Cadillac Escalade Forums; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_E5417xFVo saw this on you tube, anyone else running one of these? I noticed the outlets are not in the ...
    Ran-Dom32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Magnaflow 12909 Muffler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_E5417xFVo

saw this on you tube, anyone else running one of these? I noticed the outlets are not in the same location as the stock muffler, but I'm sure it could be made to fit, I think it would sound good with the dual exhaust bumper I recently installed, & its cheap!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Magnaflow 12909 Muffler

I think the stock sounds pretty good, take the resonator out and that might be good.

I'm running no resonator now, still very tame

quattrotman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

I had this exact muffler installed on my EXT. Love it. It's almost a direct fit so install is easy (and cheap) for a muffler shop and sound is really nice. I have the resonator removed as well and replaced with a Volant twin stainless tip (it replaces the resonator section). Not crazy loud and no drone. Best of all it was only $120 on eBay.
    JoeWalsh185 likes this.

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

I had this muffler installed. Only issue I had was when they removed the resonator they said they couldn't bend 3.5" pipe so they had to run 3" pipe out the back. Well then I wanted to have this nice looking 4" magnaflow exhaust tip installed which said it fit a 3" pipe size. Well it didn't fit on the end of the 3" pipe coming out the back so they had to reduce the end of the exhaust down to 2.5"to be able to fit the exhaust tip on which kind of made me concerned that my entire exhaust is 3.5" until the end where it becomes reduced down to 2.5" and then it opens up to the exhaust tip which is 4".... kind of wish I went with a nice 3.5" resonator delete setup from volant or somewhere, but in total I spent about $200 with installation.

Cadsrfun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Silver Escalade ESV Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by blackex View Post
    I had this muffler installed. Only issue I had was when they removed the resonator they said they couldn't bend 3.5" pipe so they had to run 3" pipe out the back. Well then I wanted to have this nice looking 4" magnaflow exhaust tip installed which said it fit a 3" pipe size. Well it didn't fit on the end of the 3" pipe coming out the back so they had to reduce the end of the exhaust down to 2.5"to be able to fit the exhaust tip on which kind of made me concerned that my entire exhaust is 3.5" until the end where it becomes reduced down to 2.5" and then it opens up to the exhaust tip which is 4".... kind of wish I went with a nice 3.5" resonator delete setup from volant or somewhere, but in total I spent about $200 with installation.
    Wow. It takes approximately (2) 2-1/2" diameter pipes to get the same or slightly more cross sectional area as (1) 3-1/2" diameter pipe. That one short reduced to 2-1/2" section of pipe would have me concerned.

Yeah it has me concerned also. I might go to Midas to see if they can do a 3.5" pipe and cut off what muffler man did.

Cadsrfun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Silver Escalade ESV Platinum

Yeah it has me concerned also. I might go to Midas to see if they can do a 3.5" pipe and cut off what muffler man did.
    You probably didn't get a chance to save the 3-1/2" section the muffler man cut off huh? It is nicely formed over the rear end and a nice crease over the track bar. Looks like in the video that started this thread the muffler shop removed about 2" from the rear of the 3-1/2" tail pipe and welded it in just after the slightly shorter magnaflow muffler which made a very clean installation. You may have to find some 3-1/2" mandrel bent pipe and take it to the muffler shop. Most shops don't deal with 3-1/2" pipe much.

Well I just picked up one of these 12909 Magnaflow's off ebay $125, ever since I removed the resonator & put in a Y pipe I have this annoying whistle noise at a certain RPM, drives me nuts... hopefully this solves the problem

Had this muffler installed last week, has a little more rumble .. I would say just about right for an esky, I still get a whistle noise around 2k rpm, I think is has to do with the Y pipe midas had fabricated, 3 1/2 pipe goes down to 3" & y's 2 2 1/2 dual,

Where did they have the dual exhaust exit from on your escalade? Any pics?

I have the dual exhaust bumper

y pipe
    Attached Images

have you noticed any reduction on fuel mileage since the exhaust changes? I'm still not happy with the way midas fabbed up the y pipe & I think it chokes the flow going from 3.5 down to 2.5 , I'm going to have it redone using 3.5 tubing all the way & I would think this should solve my issue [/I]

I haven't noticed much but it still is a concern and I think i'm just going to go with a corsa exhaust or borla full cat back exhaust when I have the money for it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.