guys need help with the wifes truck
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, guys need help with the wifes truck in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Truck is out of warranty,has 76,000 miles on it,and is making a noise from the drivers side front end,when your ...
    gp1200r2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

guys need help with the wifes truck

Truck is out of warranty,has 76,000 miles on it,and is making a noise from the drivers side front end,when your drive and are going around a turn around maybe 20-40 mph and not a sharp turn its making a grinding sound and when your going straight it sounds like metal rubbing together but not loud at all,and once in a blue moon she said it sounds like on a turn that something is clicking a little bit,any help would be greatful
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ran-Dom32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Re: guys need help with the wifes truck

sounds like a bad wheel bearing

gp1200r2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What would make the sound like it slapping around a little bit?? is there another way of telling if its that,also you dont think its a axle or rack

brooklynallstar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I had the same problem. It would happen sometimes when I was turning a corner. My wife thought it was because of cold weather. I forgot what the dealer said it was but it was $90 to fix on top of the standard oil change. If you describe it to them they should know what it is. It's a known problem from my understanding.

SouthernCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

Front hub bearing. Better check it now, it will leave her stranded if you dont make sure.

Cadsrfun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Silver Escalade ESV Platinum

Squat down in front of the wheel and grab the top of the tire with both hands and pull toward you in a rocking motion. It should make a clicking noise for a bad bearing or hub. Then go to the other side and there should be no noise or relative motion. Give it a try.

rbh23456 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2013 ATS

Definitely sounds like the wheel hub assembly. I just replaced both front assemblies on my 2007 with 70k. First time I had ever done it, but it wasn't too bad. Once I heard that noise, mine failed rather quickly. And I thought mine was the drivers side, but it turns out the passenger side was where all the noise was coming from.

Eric Hagan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    How much did it run for two bearing assemblies?

sj1400 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 ESV

The wheel hub on the drivers side front went first. Failed 30 miles from home on a 2k mile road trip. Had to get a flatbed to tow it. A few months later the passenger side failed. I recognized the noise and went straight to the dealer.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by sj1400 View Post
    The wheel hub on the drivers side front went first. Failed 30 miles from home on a 2k mile road trip. Had to get a flatbed to tow it. A few months later the passenger side failed. I recognized the noise and went straight to the dealer.
    Hello sj1400,

I am sorry for the wheel hub issue your vehicle experienced. I am glad you were able to recognize the noise a few months later when your vehicle experienced the same issue on your passenger side. I hope everything is working well now with your vehicle and you are enjoying your Escalade. If there are questions that you have, or any concerns you would like to discuss, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.