For those who replaced Emblems under warranty....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, For those who replaced Emblems under warranty.... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I noticd that the emblm on the rear looks like it is starting to come apart... not fading or anything, ...
    sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

For those who replaced Emblems under warranty....

I noticd that the emblm on the rear looks like it is starting to come apart... not fading or anything, but under tthe top right corner it looks lilke bubbling/blistering inside te crest. As well as the center plastic peice on the wheels covers is coming apart by the emblem. Just wondering if anyone who has replaced their emblems had the issues with their second set or not, and if they can be replaced easily on your own if it has to come to this.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

Re: For those who replaced Emblems under warranty....

I have a 2010 and only had the black peel off of the Flex-Fuel Emblem on the rear hatch, the rest appear fne. l just bought a new one off of E-Bay for like $10 including shipping. To me, this was simpler and cheaper (gas) than the hassle of taking it to the dealer to replace it.

chakde is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade EXT, 2012 Escalade ESV Platinum

I had the bubbling underneath the emblem on both my trucks and were replaced under warranty. On one both the frnt and back had this effect. I can definately see it reoccuring in the future.

I'm trying to figure out how they are getting like that..... Wonder if its water getting under the clear plastic and going through a freeze/thaw... Do you live in a cold climate?

2007XTSDub is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT
    Had mine replaced twice. Both front and rear. The front needs to be replaced yet again. All under warranty. My Flex Fuel logo all the paint came off now.

Yes i live in northern Canada. It is water damage that causes it. I used to have similar issues with the Chev logo on my Avalanche. I was thinking may be they should install one of the CTS type logos whichbprobably dont fade or have bubbling as the logo has coloured plastic. I think it is similar size but not sure about the grill angle at the back if the logo

Rather dissapointed on it.... Oh well, as long as its replaced I will be fine, as I don't have any other issues with the vehicle.. Could always be worse I guess! But I've never seen an emblem do that before.

Like I said my Chev emblem did the same. They will keep replacing them while under warranty but eventually that will run out and since I keep my vehicles longer than 4 years at some point I will have to cough up the money. We will cross that bridge when we come to it. I tink they should just replace witht he different version so that we do not run into the same issue.

Now that ive looked at them more closely, you can definately see where the water comes in from the stop side of the emblem by the edge... all they really need to do is make sure its sealed shut and it would be fine. I may just do something to the replacements and see if I can laquer them over or something,

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium
    I have 09 ESV, still under B2B. Both front and rear are starting to blister on red. Also just noticed the left rear door side moulding started bubbling all over underneath. Already replaced all interior door handles and 2 mirror chrome sections, as well as center console release lever. All under warr.

Its a shame the quality is so poor.
    List of other items replaced to date:
    1. Cracked front mud guard under radiator, factory screws cause plastic to split.
    2. Both front shocks leaked and replaced under 40k on them.
    3. Transmission line leak.
    4. Front Diff seal.
    5. Driver heated seat repaired.
    6. Emergency brake only holds truck if it rolls backward, vehicle should hold up to 1200 rpm.
    7. Clunk and flair during shifting.... They could not find problem.
    Sad for a 100k truck.
    hannity likes this.

Rich08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade EXT

Hopefully u get it replaced under warranty, and if you don't the front logo is around 30 bucks and the back is around 50. All u will need is a hair dryer, some dental floss string and a old plastic card. You will take less than 30 min per logo, they have pins that make the logo go straight (They are held by a sticky surface) I replaced my logos a couple months ago myself cause the dealer was gonna charge me my 100$ deductible. So I did it myself and saved 20$

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Ride View Post
    I have 09 ESV, still under B2B. Both front and rear are starting to blister on red. Also just noticed the left rear door side moulding started bubbling all over underneath. Already replaced all interior door handles and 2 mirror chrome sections, as well as center console release lever. All under warr.

Its a shame the quality is so poor.
    List of other items replaced to date:
    1. Cracked front mud guard under radiator, factory screws cause plastic to split.
    2. Both front shocks leaked and replaced under 40k on them.
    3. Transmission line leak.
    4. Front Diff seal.
    5. Driver heated seat repaired.
    6. Emergency brake only holds truck if it rolls backward, vehicle should hold up to 1200 rpm.
    7. Clunk and flair during shifting.... They could not find problem.
    Sad for a 100k truck.
    Hello Nice Ride,

I am sorry for the way you feel about the quality of your vehicle. I understand how this can be a frustrating situation. If there is anything you would like to further discuss, or questions you would like answered, please reach out to us. You can private message if you would like.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

darkknight1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich08
    Hopefully u get it replaced under warranty, and if you don't the front logo is around 30 bucks and the back is around 50. All u will need is a hair dryer, some dental floss string and a old plastic card. You will take less than 30 min per logo, they have pins that make the logo go straight (They are held by a sticky surface) I replaced my logos a couple months ago myself cause the dealer was gonna charge me my 100$ deductible. So I did it myself and saved 20$
    Rich, where did you find them so cheap? I need to replace both the front and rear emblems...

Rich08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade EXT

I got them from gm parts direct. Try gm parts east too or ebay.

wyoescalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I also had problems with my crest/wreath front and rear and the hub covers are fading to pink instead of red, attached a picture of the rear crest/wreath.
    6-4-2013 3-27-20 PM.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.