Side View Mirror Signal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Side View Mirror Signal in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2007 Escalade. My passenger side view mirror options ( folding in/out, parking assistance) work fine, HOWEVER, when ...
    sadesdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Side View Mirror Signal

I have a 2007 Escalade. My passenger side view mirror options ( folding in/out, parking assistance) work fine, HOWEVER, when I put on my Right Directional Signal, the led lights do not work on the mirror, as my Driver's side does. I haven't spoken to Cadillac about this and tried (unsuccessfulu) to research this on the Internet. Does anyone know is it just bulbs that need to be replaced ? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sadesdad
    I have a 2007 Escalade. My passenger side view mirror options ( folding in/out, parking assistance) work fine, HOWEVER, when I put on my Right Directional Signal, the led lights do not work on the mirror, as my Driver's side does. I haven't spoken to Cadillac about this and tried (unsuccessfulu) to research this on the Internet. Does anyone know is it just bulbs that need to be replaced ? Thanks!
    I hate to break it to you but the LEDs are not replaceable unless you replace the mirror lens

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Side View Mirror Signal

Moved to the proper section.

----Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!

Thank You!

YardmanTony is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by sadesdad View Post
    It's unlikely the Mirror LED's have failed, it's more likely a bad connection. The feed is a dark Blue wire with a white trace. This changes to a Light Blue with white trace at the Passenger door switch to the Mirror. Check you have voltage on these wires with the indicators and Ignition on. If no power is present you need to check back to the BCM. Also check the Mirror LED's have a good connection to ground through the Black wire with a white trace.

Tony

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by sadesdad View Post
    Hello sadesdad,

I apologize that the LEDs are not working on your right mirror on your Escalade . I understand you are looking to the community for opinions, but I would be more than happy to assist you in working with the dealership to get your mirror checked out. If you would like me to assist you with this, just send me a private message with your name, VIN, mileage, contact info, and address. Thanks you very much, I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hello sadesdad,

I apologize that the LEDs are not working on your right mirror on your Escalade . I understand you are looking to the community for opinions, but I would be more than happy to assist you in working with the dealership to get your mirror checked out. If you would like me to assist you with this, just send me a private message with your name, VIN, mileage, contact info, and address. Thanks you very much, I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thank you Gregory. I just joined the forum and not quite sure how to private message someone...maybe you can help me out with that too?! Thanks.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by YardmanTony

It's unlikely the Mirror LED's have failed, it's more likely a bad connection. The feed is a dark Blue wire with a white trace. This changes to a Light Blue with white trace at the Passenger door switch to the Mirror. Check you have voltage on these wires with the indicators and Ignition on. If no power is present you need to check back to the BCM. Also check the Mirror LED's have a good connection to ground through the Black wire with a white trace.

Tony
    Thank you Tony and everyone! I'm enjoying this forum already!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.