Parking Assist Disabled see Owners Manual
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Parking Assist Disabled see Owners Manual in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a utility trailer that I pull on ocassion to haul things and pulled it the other week for ...
    2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

Parking Assist Disabled see Owners Manual

I have a utility trailer that I pull on ocassion to haul things and pulled it the other week for the first time with the Escalade. I hooked it up and cranked the truck and the DIC read "Parking Assist Disabled see Owners Manual". I depressed the check button and it went away so I assumed either the sensors were tricked by the trailer or this displays when the trailer plug is connected. I ran my errand and when I got home I scanned the OM about towing a trailer but saw nothing mentioning this warning unless I just missed it. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Eric Hagan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    I have the same thing pop up when I pull my trailer. It goes back to normal when I drop the trailer.

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

Re: Parking Assist Disabled see Owners Manual

Same thing happens to me every time I tow . I just press the check and the error goes away.

roadog1aj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 EXT Premium & 2006 STS4

I just disable the Parking Assist on my 2011 EXT each time I tow something. Then turn it back on when I'm done. The first time I towed my trailer it came on and I instantly thought something got short circuited in the trailer wiring hook-up. Then I realized what was really happening, and calmed enough to turn off the Parking Assist. Never forgot that one again

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

Thanks for the replies. This more or less confirms I dont have an issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.