rear bumper
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, rear bumper in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2009 ESV, I want a stock bumper but with the dual exhaust exits, where can I get ...
    arrod8758 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

rear bumper

I have a 2009 ESV, I want a stock bumper but with the dual exhaust exits, where can I get one, dealership will only sell parts that came with my truck I.e. vin matching

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Re: rear bumper

Thats because the rear bumper your looking for is for a platinum edition escalade. You will need numerous parts for a platinum rear bumper conversion. If you search around on here you will find others that have done it already.

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

22756664 - ESV Bumper Cover

22756668 - Hitch Cover
    22756954 - Bracket for Hitch Cover
    11612235 - Stud to hold Hitch Cover on x2
    11612236 - Nut to Hold Hitch Cover on x2

You must get this hitch cover, Denali or any other Escalade covers WILL NOT work. You will also need 8 rivets (or bolts) to hold the hitch cover bracket to the bumper. You can buy them at GM or just have your body shop do it. I only used 2 and it seems to be fine.

22756941 - Exhaust Sleeve
    22756942 - Exhaust Sleeve
    11570498 - Bolt to hold Sleeve to bumper x8
    Dfost and Dfost like this.

Dfost is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade

@NathanNjax did you do dual exhaust also?

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Quote Originally Posted by Dfost View Post
    @NathanNjax did you do dual exhaust also?
    yes...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...r-upgrade.html

NathanL07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjax View Post
    22756664 - ESV Bumper Cover

22756668 - Hitch Cover
    22756954 - Bracket for Hitch Cover
    11612235 - Stud to hold Hitch Cover on x2
    11612236 - Nut to Hold Hitch Cover on x2

You must get this hitch cover, Denali or any other Escalade covers WILL NOT work. You will also need 8 rivets (or bolts) to hold the hitch cover bracket to the bumper. You can buy them at GM or just have your body shop do it. I only used 2 and it seems to be fine.

22756941 - Exhaust Sleeve
    22756942 - Exhaust Sleeve
    11570498 - Bolt to hold Sleeve to bumper x8

Other than these parts do I need to order anything else? I have already got this entire list and the bumper is being painted now at my body shop. Do I need any different mounting brackets or anything or do I use the same brackets from my old bumper? Thanks for any information you can give me!

Cadsrfun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Silver Escalade ESV Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by NathanL07 View Post
    Other than these parts do I need to order anything else? I have already got this entire list and the bumper is being painted now at my body shop. Do I need any different mounting brackets or anything or do I use the same brackets from my old bumper? Thanks for any information you can give me!
    You still need the 8 u nuts to go with the 8 bolts that hold the exhaust tips on to the bumper

Your old brackets (2) will need to be cut off because they hang right in the way of the exhaust tips

Have new ones welded on when you get the exhaust work done

There are other threads with more details and pics, search this forum.

I cant seem to find any info on these brackets. I have found a picture somewhere but it was only of one and wasn't very good. Where can I find this info or can someone post pics of an installed bumper. Please and thanks!!

I cant seem to find any info on these brackets. I have found a picture somewhere but it was only of one and wasn't very good. Where can I find this info or can someone post pics of an installed bumper. Please and thanks!!
    Re: New rear bumpber
    Originally Posted by Cadsrfun
    When I did my conversion I had the pipes enter the exhaust tips about 1-1/2". I used a fabricated Y 3-1/2" inlet to (2) 2-1/2" outlets then ran to the tips. It actually has a nice rumble with the stock muffler minus the resonator for some reason. The muffler has about 70K miles on it. When you buy your parts make sure to order the U-nuts and bolts that attach the exhaust tips to the bumper cover. I also mounted the hitch cover bracket to the bumper cover with large aluminum pop rivets. Somehow I ordered screws that were too small in diameter. I believe the factory uses rivets too. That's about it.
    One final thing. It has been mentioned before on the bumper conversion but it is important enough to repeat. The stock bumper cover has two brackets that are bolted to the bottom of the bumper cover and is welded to the rear bumper frame (on each side of the hitch cover). Unfortunately, they line up exactly where the exhaust tips go with the new bumper cover. So these need to be cut off the rear bumper frame. The dual exhaust tip bumper cover also needs to be braced like the old one, so new brackets need to be made (I recall the old ones ground off were too short for me to reuse). So I made two brackets out of aluminum flat stock and bent them to fit and drilled a hole in each end, one to bolt to the bottom of the new bumper cover and the other to bolt to the rear bumper frame. This was fine until I tried to drill and tap the rear bumper frame and found out it was hardened and tempered tube steel (You are probably sensing I don't have a welder!). Well I ruined two drill bits but made happen and tapped the holes for the upper bolts of the brackets. I would not recomment this. The metal bumper frame is only about 1/8" to 3/16" thick so you don't get many threads of engagement when you are done. The best way would be to fabricate the brackets out of flat steel and bolt to the bottom of the bumper cover and have the exhaust shop tack these two brackets to the bumper frame at the time you are getting your exhaust modified. I wish I would have done that.
    NathanL07 likes this.

Thanks a million man! The bumper is being painted now and I have all the other parts in my living room. Did you install the bumper yourself? The body shop asked me if I wanted them to do it and I said sure. I took them a lot of pics from the forum of the brackets that have to be made. Hopefully they can pull it off for me. I plan to order the front fascia when the rear is complete.

Look what I spent my day doing! Turned out great!! Will be ordering a Platinum front bumper assy next week!!

IMG_0905.JPG

Look what I spent my day doing! Turned out great!! Will be ordering a Platinum front bumper assy next week!!

Attachment 126345
    How did you end up doing your exhaust system?

I cut the resonator off and started about 1.5ft from the muffler with all new pipe. Made a Y at the rear axle and ran to both sleeves. I'll try and get a picture if I can get under it sometime in the near future. Very Simple install! Can't wait to get the front done!

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade
    What y'all think about this rear bumper alternative?
    Attached Images

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I like the exhaust!!! Way better than the rectangles, IMHO.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.