305/35x24 Nexen Roadian, how do they comapre to OEM 22's for ride quality, road noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By ELUSIVE
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 305/35x24 Nexen Roadian, how do they comapre to OEM 22's for ride quality, road noise in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I see that the Nexen Roadian's in 24" 305's are virtually the same diameter as the OEM 285/45x22's on my ...
    John B is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

305/35x24 Nexen Roadian, how do they compare to OEM 22's for ride quality, road noise

I see that the Nexen Roadian's in 24" 305's are virtually the same diameter as the OEM 285/45x22's on my wife '13 EXT.....trying to get an idea if these tires ride a lot harsher due to reduced profile height or have significant road noise on the highway....anyone? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

Re: 305/35x24 Nexen Roadian, how do they comapre to OEM 22's for ride quality, road n

I run 305/35/24s. Yes, they are definitely more harsh as there is less sidewall. If you have the Magnetic ride suspesion, i believe that will help. The 305's are about 1% off. 295/35/24 is closer to the exact diameter.
    Can't comment on the Nexen's as far as road noise but honestly I would never put such a tire on my truck. It's a piece of crap tire. Just my opinion.

gdirty5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Re: 305/35x24 Nexen Roadian, how do they comapre to OEM 22's for ride quality, road n

Can you tell me why you say they are a piece of crap tire?

joeyrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2008 Escalade EXT

Nexen tires are surprisingly good...

They aren't Michelin's, but they do last and road noise is not noticeable at all. If you are looking for an affordable set of tires feel free to buy those.

gdirty5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

I was just wondering Bc I had Bridgestone potenza's on my Porsche cayman s, g37, and nitto's on my supra and also happen to have nexxen roadians on my escalade with replica 24's. And I agree the potenza's and Michelin's grip better but for my 5-6k lb cruiser, I don't see the need for a performance tire. Ive been riding on it for about 30k miles now and have no complaints. Road noise is low, I never have traction issues no matter how hard I push it. And didnt feel the need to go with p-zero's considering the escalade isn't a performance car.

I have read about all sorts of issues with these tires from weak sidewalls to uneven wear to early material cracking to issues balancing. At the end of the day it's a medium grade tire at best. I use my Escalade to drive my family around and I'm not skimping on tires.
    Rustico and Rustico like this.

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

I agree with Nexxens being medium tire grade. I went with them on my cadillac sts and almost a year later they were already fairly worn down to the point of being replaced again. You get what you pay for with other tire manufacturers especially with them wearing faster than more reputable names.

Size info:

Okay, fair answers, thank you all! I am also looking for 305/35x24's that have the same diameter as the stock 285/40x22's to prevent tire rubbing problems...Anyone else running Toyo's, General Grabbers, Kumho, Sumitomo in this size? These 4 manufacturer's 305/35x24's are the same height as the OEM 32.4" diameter Bridgestone 285/45x22s!

Aren't the OEM tires 285/45/22 and not 285/40/22?

Do you have the power assisted steps? If so, you're going to rub them with 305/35/24. I had to slide mine back just a tad.
    You'll also rub on the inner fender liner which isn't that big of a deal.

DTEK01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I have been running the 305 size Toyo Proxes 2 for around 7k miles and so far they are surprisingly good. I was worried as I liked the stock tires and I got these for around $600 installed. Seem to be working well so far.

Aren't the OEM tires 285/45/22 and not 285/40/22?
    Doh, my bad, yes, 45 series, sorry!
    Do you have the power assisted steps? If so, you're going to rub them with 305/35/24. I had to slide mine back just a tad.
    Yes I do, however, I thought if I stayed with the stock diameter tires (which the above listed manufacturer's make in their 305) that it wouldn't run in either location.
    You'll also rub on the inner fender liner which isn't that big of a deal.
    I know, but it's a HUGE deal for my wife since it's her rig!

----------

I have been running the 305 size Toyo Proxes 2 for around 7k miles and so far they are surprisingly good. I was worried as I liked the stock tires and I got these for around $600 installed. Seem to be working well so far.
    Do they rub on either the inner fender or running board?

And the ride quality and road noise is comparable to the stock tires?

It's not just the rolling diameter of the tire that causes the rubbing, it's also the extra width of the tire when turned.
    With 305/35/24 you WILL rub on the power running boards and fender liner. Read through my entire post called "New 24" Wheels on my ESV". I include numerous pictures of the rubbing before and after I moved the side steps back.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ls-my-esv.html

What year is your truck? Do you have the Magnetic Ride Suspension? That is a big improvement in my opinion with the larger wheels that makes the ride better.

If I were to do it over again, I would go with the 295/35/24 which i almost exactly the same rolling diameter as the stock tires and not as wide. I can't say for certainty that these won't rub but they have to be a little better.

Elusive, thanks for sharing your post, good point about the extra width.

What year is your truck? Do you have the Magnetic Ride Suspension? That is a big improvement in my opinion with the larger wheels that makes the ride better.
    2013 EXT

On a 2013 EXT I think the ride should be fine with 24" wheels.
    I think you'll definitely have to make some changes to the power steps and inner wheel liner though if that will both you.
    Keep us updated on your progress AND lets see some pics.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.