Changing to LED's for the Parking, DRL's and Fogs Today - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Changing to LED's for the Parking, DRL's and Fogs Today in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by MrHolland I dont remember removing your thread. What was the title of it and I'll dig a ...
    Eric Hagan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland
    I dont remember removing your thread. What was the title of it and I'll dig a little.
    Switchback leds was the title I believe. I show 100+ posts but when I search I don't show near that many on my profile.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE132
    I like the switchback turn signals, how do you do it and what bulbs did you use and where do you get them?
    Thanks
    If someone could find my wright up I had a complete how too on this mod. I don't remmber any part numbers at this time. I'm going to do some digging in my email to see if I can find anything on my write up.

----------

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...back-leds.html

----------

Found it. Could not locate anything with the mobile site. Actually googled switchback leds Eric hagan and found it.

ESCALADE132 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade
    Thanks Eric I want to do it but I think it's a little beyond my talent. I thought VLEDS came out with a switchback bulb with built in resistors or not needed. Or maybe not that bulb number

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hagan
    http://youtu.be/ggdZjHNkU5E
    Here are my led turn signals

----------

I made a write up on the conversion to this switchback led for the turn signals but I see it has been removed for some reason. I had part numbers locations etc. its just gone!! Thats disappointing. I was never contacted about s**t.

Anybody/moderator that sees this what's up with that???
    What exactly are switchback LEDs?

gdirty5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Re: Changing to LED's for the Parking, DRL's and Fogs Today

Bulbs that are two different colors. So they can be "white" to match your headlights etc but blink in amber so to look legal.

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gdirty5
    Bulbs that are two different colors. So they can be "white" to match your headlights etc but blink in amber so to look legal.
    Thank you

Eric Hagan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE132
    Thanks Eric I want to do it but I think it's a little beyond my talent. I thought VLEDS came out with a switchback bulb with built in resistors or not needed. Or maybe not that bulb number
    I did this almost 1.5 years ago so that's very possible on different part numbers. I still would of had to change the socket though because the factory socket would not power the white light off the switch back bulb. And just tapped into the fog light +12v with the extra wire for the new sockets. It was very easy. Just takes some time soldering everything and heat shrinking but in the end it looks factory and its done right.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 36dbldz

What exactly are switchback LEDs?
    Here's a video from earlier in this thread. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...ure%3Dyoutu.be

gabe8496 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV, 94 Mustang GT

I did this to my Escalade about 2 weeks ago. I did LED for front parking lights (top), 30W LEDs for the DRL, 6000K HIDs and 30W LEDs for the fogs and 30W reverse. Gonna do switchbacks on the turn signals with resistors but just waiting for my vendor to ship out my HP LEDs.

Here pics of my Esky...

Mine me asking what bulb you used for the doors? All the 194's I tried were too fat to fit in the square hole they have.

I just changed mine again. This time its vled's 6000k Cadillac drl, retrofit sources morimoto 6000k headlights and some cheap no name brand fog his bulbs, previously I had 6000k bulbs from Flashtech which is local to me, and they had a blue Tint to them. It matched all my interior and exterior led's in blueness which my "6000k" LEDs we pretty blueish white. But after 2 years 1 headlight bulb went out and 1 fog light bulb went out. The new replacements look pure white. Only problem is the cheap eBay hid bulb didn't have a harness plug on them but it was easy enough to pop off the plug off the old one. And the d1s from retrofit source was a lot better in build quality from the Flashtech one. The morimoto bulb is a d1s bulb from the get go, the flash tech bulb is a d2c bulb that fits their d1s base which gives a loose fit. And the 6000k hid drl I had wouldn't really work in the housing without drilling out the factory cap. The new vled drl is white and fits on the spot well but the plug doesn't seem to snap into place like it does on the factory bulb. I'll post pics after I get the switch back bulbs in.

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

haha, the puddle light issue..here's what I found.

My truck just had the mirrors replaced with new ones. The old mirrors did not allow the 195 led to fit, All I did was dremel a little out and it went right in. The new mirrors let the bulb go right in.

My mirrors fit the bulbs with no issue. The only bulb in my car giving me trouble Is the ones in the front doors. I tried 3 different bulbs, all of which were too fat that they wouldn't allow the socket to attach to the housing.

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

my 194s from vled fit fine in the doors. They are the 6 led.

Here.
    http://www.vleds.com/media/catalog/p.../9816957_1.jpg

Just did mine last night... fairly quick and easy, total process might have been 30 minutes.

For those that want a break down, the lights consists of parking lights from flash tech, drl's from vleds, headlights from retrofitsource fogs are from hidextra and blinkers are the newer ones from vleds

gabe8496 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV, 94 Mustang GT

Here is a breakdown of mine:
    Interior
    Maps/Dome: 39MM/42MM 9 SMD x6
    Doors: T10 5SMD
    Visors: 30MM 3SMD

Exterior
    Reverse: 30W T20 x2
    License: T10 8SMD x2
    Puddle: T10 5SMD x2
    Parking Light: T10 5SMD x2
    DRL: 30W 5202/H16 x2
    Fog Light: 30W 9005/H10/9145

All the 30W bulbs are pure white, which to me seem like a 5000K; All other LED bulbs are Xenon White, which is more of a 6000K color. If you want PURE WHITE, get the High Power bulbs (3/5W, 30W).

----------

gdirty5...for the DRL...if it was a 5202/H16, your factory socket should have plugged right in. Does it have the same alignment tabs?

Throwback420 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade

where is the best place to order? vleds is pretty expensive, can find some cheap on ebay.

opinions please?

I want my setup like GABE's

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.