Sounds like exhaust air leakage in me escalade 2009
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Sounds like exhaust air leakage in me escalade 2009 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello, I have escalade 2009 model, when I accelerate and the rpm goes on 2000 I hear like exhaust air ...
    a_alkhateb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escallade

Unhappy Sounds like exhaust air leakage in me escalade 2009

Hello,

I have escalade 2009 model, when I accelerate and the rpm goes on 2000 I hear like exhaust air leakage on the driver side, like if there if there is an opening hole to the engine, I took the car to the dealer as its still under warranty and he said this is normal! Any one experience this before? As I'm not convinced.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Sounds like exhaust air leakage in me escalade 2009

Moved to the proper Escalade forums from the Help Desk: Your post has nothing to do with Site News or registration problems.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by a_alkhateb View Post
    Hello,

I have escalade 2009 model, when I accelerate and the rpm goes on 2000 I hear like exhaust air leakage on the driver side, like if there if there is an opening hole to the engine, I took the car to the dealer as its still under warranty and he said this is normal! Any one experience this before? As I'm not convinced.
    Hello a_alkhateb,

Have you thought about taking your vehicle to another nearby dealership? I have found out from communicating with other forum members that they found a second or third opinion to their benefit. In order for dealerships to properly diagnose an issue, they need to duplicate the issue. I advise sitting in your vehicle with a technician for a test drive so you can explain where and what you are hearing. Please let me know updates of this concern.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Laura-

Do you not think that this procedure is unsat? Taking a vehicle to multiple dealerships to get good service, is not something anyone should have to do with a Cadillac. If I worked for Cadillac, I'd be investigating which dealerships are not taking care of their customers and rectify the problem, not suggesting customers to go try another one. Right?

Thank you Laura,

I do agree with k9caddy, I took the car to the dealership Aljomaih where the car is purchased from and it's still under warranty done only 61k, this is the only dealership in Saudi for Cadillac , they have another workshops of course but not in the same city which is really far way.

Its really important and should be careful when use a work normal, I thought to find another escalade to drive to compare.

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

If you have a local trust shop that has a good reputation you can always ask for their opinion. I typically find dealership hours almost impossible to deal with based around my work hours. If you are hearing an exhaust leak it could be related to the common flange bolt that breaks off on our exhausts. This needs to be tapped and drilled out and replaced with a new gasket and bolt. However any mechanic will be able to get your escalade on a hoist and track down the exhaust leak if it's not this issue.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by K9Caddy View Post
    Laura-

Do you not think that this procedure is unsat? Taking a vehicle to multiple dealerships to get good service, is not something anyone should have to do with a Cadillac. If I worked for Cadillac, I'd be investigating which dealerships are not taking care of their customers and rectify the problem, not suggesting customers to go try another one. Right?
    Hello K9Caddy,

I agree with what you are saying. After speaking with other customers, I heard second opinions to be of their benefit. That is why I recommended that. If anyone does have an issue with their dealership, I am more than happy to further discuss this concern with them if they reach out to me via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by a_alkhateb View Post
    Thank you Laura,

I do agree with k9caddy, I took the car to the dealership Aljomaih where the car is purchased from and it's still under warranty done only 61k, this is the only dealership in Saudi for Cadillac , they have another workshops of course but not in the same city which is really far way.

Its really important and should be careful when use a work normal, I thought to find another escalade to drive to compare.
    Hello a_alkhateb,

I apologize for these issues you are dealing with. I am sorry that I did not know of your location before I engaged with you. I did find some contact information which hopefully they could help you out. Here is the contact information I found for your area: (+971) 4 429 0352 / 4 429 0353 (+20) 2 382 78691 and customerservice@gmarabia.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Hello,

Following up my issue with this sound, I took my car to the dealer and this time they admit it, it's almost one week now and till today they are not able to find out the cause of this sound, it's a tricky one and i would like to have every one opinion, here are the symptoms:

1- you can hear the sound only inside the car on a driver side
    2- the sound appear when accelerating only ( it doesn't come if the car is not moving) if the rpm goes above 1500 rpm, it get disappear on pressure more than 4000 rpm, lets say I wanted to go on a short race, when I accelerate from 0 the sounds start comes until I reach 4000+ rpm then disappear and when the gear shift and the rpm goes below it appears again
    3- the sounds look like as if there's exhaust gasket leakage ( looks like ) the engineers examined this and no issue
    4- when driving on 80k and the gear on number 6 position, the rpm here is at 1500 if I just little accelerate I can hear the sound, tik tik tik tik slowly if I accelerate more it increases parallel with the engine pressure (rpm)

Now one of my friend told me this could be from the odometer or the rpm / odometer cable , I don't know !!

Please share with me your opinion , let me know if you need more help to diagnose the issue.

I'm sure this is one of the trickiest issue we may have

hrpatel17926 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
    I had a similar issue and it turned out the driver side header was cracked they replaced it and all has been good. Others have had similar issues do a search on this site and you find various similar concerns.

Thank you for your feedback but I'm wondering why the sound appear only when I drive not when I'm in parking and why I cannot hear it from outside?

Is the symptoms I mentioned before is what you used to observe? And is it this much hard for the dealership to find out ?

Sorry for these questions just trying to narrow the source of the issue

Yes mine was the same could not really hear it outside more on the inside. The header was ever so slightly cracked. Others have experienced broken bolts also. I bet its the header.

Hi,

The dealership replaced the header but unfortunately the sound still there, I'm sure they are about to give up, they are not able to find out where it's coming from,

We are all agreed that the sound is associated with the engine rpm, the more rpm we go the fastest ticking we hear, and when it's fast say on 3000 rpm sounds like a sewing machine, also it's like as if there is no isolation between the driver compartment and the engine and the sounds leaks from there, this is the most I can describe it.

Any other thought, what should GM do for me ? my car does only 62,000 km , with expensive car like this it's really disappointing that as owner feel uncomfortable while driving !

Well that's a shame, can you record the noise and upload it? That way someone might be able to hear it and comment.

Yes good idea, I will.

The dealership requested to have few days more, if no resolution then I will record it and upload it,

Hello,

i found a post on the STSsection talking exactly on the same sound, http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-05-sts-4.html

but this for the STS not escalade, i have exactly the same sound and description these guys talking about , could this apply on my escalade?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.