Convert to key fob?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Convert to key fob? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So I just picked up a 13 Hybrid and I actually can't believe that it still comes with a key ...
    sarasota_krash is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Sedan, Black Diamond & 2013 Escalade Hybrid Black

Convert to key fob?

So I just picked up a 13 Hybrid and I actually can't believe that it still comes with a key considering the price. So I'm so used to my CTS-V getting it and going that its hard to start thinking of looking for a remote before opening the doors and starting the engine.

Is there any way to eliminate the key and use some sort of proximity sensors to open doors and push button start? I know... Stupid problem to have with a $75K truck but I feel like its something I'm really going to miss.

Any ideas guys? Is there a way to put a FOB entry and start option?

Thanks.

Mike
    Dfost and Dfost like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Re: Convert to key fob?

http://www.easygosystem.com/features.php is the only thing I know of. It says only Tahoe's, Suburban's, Yukons, so I'm not sure about making it work for the Esky...

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Maybe they haven't located a natural spot for the start/stop button in the Esky.
    MrHolland and MrHolland like this.

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

they are like Apple, nice idea, maybe next version you'll get what everyone else has.
    Dfost and Dfost like this.

Singh G is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

im curious about the easy go

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Singh G View Post
    im curious about the easy go
    lol, me too.. They list my dealership as an installer! I was unaware we were offering this... (Cause we aren't!)

Looks cool though, wonder what it costs?

toygar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

well that's affordable....lol

So after some research, I thought I would post an update in the direction I'm leaning towards. I'm going to purchase this product http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK104S.html

Similar to my CTS-V, it will not have a push start button rather use the key to start, stop and lock the steering column, and while the proximity fob's will arm and disarm the alarm and lock and unlock the truck, it will also disable the start function when the truck is locked and the original key is still in the truck. This will prevent theft considering the keys are stationary in the column.

I might be explaining that a bit backwards but will report again once installed.

Dfost is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade
    Looks like a great product may I ask why not purchase the push to start?

I have a hybrid and there seems to be some issues with the truck turning on and off when the actual hybrid portion is active.

Man, this seems like an awful ordeal just to avoid turning the key.
    RichieRich and RichieRich like this.

well that's your opinion, its no different when people change our their rims, upgrade their stereo's... etc. I would like to reduce the amount of crap I have in my pocket.

Changing out rims is an esthetic/stylistic issue, upgrading a sound system is an auditory issue ... proportionally both have a much greater impact within their context than spending a lot of money to go from turning a key to turning a switch. After all you started the thread by comparing it to your CTS-V, which I imagine works like the rest of the keyless start Cadillacs and you still have to schlep the same enormous fob as the Escalade's. And that system you linked uses a device as big as a stack of credit cards, so it's not like it's a massive improvement on the existing key fob.

You are correct that is merely my opinion, that's kinda the way forums work. I'm not even suggesting that you don't buy it, I'm just trying to understand the logic in spending this much money to modify a vehicle for seemingly such a small incremental improvement in convenience.

On a side note, having owned a Tahoe Hybrid in the past, I cannot even begin to describe to you some of the excuses some service managers will use to deny you warranty work. A lot of the time they are unfamiliar with your vehicle so it's just a pretense to not have to figure out how to fix it. I've seen dealers try to deny warrantied transmission repairs to Tahoe/Yukon hybrid owners because they upgraded to the OEM CK375 wheel/tire package, never mind that the same package is stock on the Denali Hybrid which has the identical transmission. Perhaps you're blessed with an honest dealer, but just a cautionary note of some of the unintended consequences.

I honestly wasn't trying to be snarky.

I understand what you're saying and I also understand how a forum works... unfortunately when a question is asked, people tent to provide options which they were not asked for and in return, people like me simply find those posts useless. Had my question been, "should I or should I not"... then you post would have been completely relevant but since I only asked if anyone has had experience with eliminating they key issue, your post and opinion is completely irrelevant.

And again, wheels, stereo's, whatever... its all the same. It's one's expression of what they would like their vehicle to be and their way of making it their own. They're changing it because they feel it will make their vehicle better, that is what I'm doing and I don't feel I have to justify spending $250 on a $75K truck. Warranty is a completely separate issue and that's what SEMA is for. They can try to deny your warranty unless you know the law and the right people to enforce that law. I'm not worried about warranty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.