Picked the wife up a 2007 Escalade. Hoping it wasn't a mistake - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Picked the wife up a 2007 Escalade. Hoping it wasn't a mistake in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Congratulations and welcome to the forum, Whiterob. We hope that it serves you and your growing family well! Sarah, Cadillac ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Picked the wife up a 2007 Escalade. Hoping it wasn't a mistake

Congratulations and welcome to the forum, Whiterob. We hope that it serves you and your growing family well!

Sarah, Cadillac Customer Care

Whiterob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

So I just bought this nav unit and the drivers mirror is rusted or whatever happens to mirrors, so bought this mirror

Tonight I am going to take off the broken door handle to see if I can fix it with some Quick Steel or something, if not thinking about trying this one.

Also I might have the wheels sold, and found a newer set of 24's for a good price that are the same style.

----------

My wife did just bring up a point.. it says fits ext or esv. I assume they are all the same right? or so I hope?

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

for what you're doing, yes they are the same vehicle.

----------

you'll have to got the dealer and have that supernav flashed for your truck.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterob View Post
    That was my thought as well.. ONly other one near that price was an ext of which my wife didn't want. There were a couple others around $20- 22k with similar mileage but I figured this one had all the bells and whistles and that extra $500-1000 I got off will pay for doing the tune up I like to do do to all my cars. (usually replace all the bushings I can as well.. Its amazing how much of a difference the bushings can make)

Excited to dig into this thing though. Should be an adventure and learning process.
    Hello Whiterob,

Seems like you did get a good deal on the Escalde you purchased. The vehicle looks nice and clean I am excited for you to dig into the vehicle also and take pride in owning an amazing car! I am sure your wife is going to enjoy it. Have fun and good luck with everything!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

alright.. a 2012 supernav, new door handle, and new mirror are on their way. Next up is to address the front suspension, and found out there is an oil leak.. grr. Oh Well new project. oh also debating between a 2/3 and 3/5 drop. Leaning towards 2/3 as the wife doesn't even want it lowered.

Got the 2012 Supernav in. Just plugged it in, and it worked.. must have been unlocked or something. Also it is getting XM radio too, so that is pretty cool. It must have come out of a Hybrid as it has the hybrid screen in settings. Also put in the cheap Ebay door handle.... not a fan, actually fixed my original door handle and will be putting it back in. There is nothing wrong with the cheapo one, but the latch mechanism thing is plastic rather than aluminum, so don't trust it.

Probably going to convert to the passive shocks/struts in the next week. (kit from Rock Auto) as well as get the new oil pan gasket put on too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.