07 Escalade liftgate window release button fell apart
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 07 Escalade liftgate window release button fell apart in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi All, I have a 2007 Escalade ESV and over the past few months the rubber button/switch that releases the ...
    brandone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

07 Escalade liftgate window release button fell apart

Hi All,

I have a 2007 Escalade ESV and over the past few months the rubber button/switch that releases the rear liftgate window has been deteriorating. Just last week it finally gave up the ghost and all the rubber cover fell off and the plastic plunger that was inside that pushed up and made contact fell out.

So my question is has anyone else worked through this repair and if so could you point me to the part number and how to replace? Guessing I need to pull the inside cover off to get to the mounts for that outside plastic chrome colored trim piece that has the button.

I greatly appreciate any and all help.

Brandon

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: 07 Escalade liftgate window release button fell apart

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone will soon chime in with an answer. Lots of good people and info in here. Good luck and enjoy your stay!!

Well...it seems I may have a unique issue with this darn window release button.

Since there are no BTDT's on this specifically, could someone possibly point me in the right direction for a good online parts site that has "micro-fiche" style pictures that I can use to find the correct part number?

Trying to avoid calling the dealer just to be told to bring it in so they can figure it out.

rbh23456 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2013 ATS

I just had this happen to me today on my 2007 Escalade. I found the part number - AC Delco D1994E Switch Assembly. By looking at it, it would seem you are correct about having to pull off the inside cover in order to access the mounts for the outside chrome piece. But if you find another way (easier), please share.

Thanks for the part number. I will look this up and see what I can find. When I get the part and do the repair I will get some pictures and post back results.

dzar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by brandone View Post
    Thanks for the part number. I will look this up and see what I can find. When I get the part and do the repair I will get some pictures and post back results.
    Checking in to see if you did this. My switch also just failed (nice that a $70K+ truck starts deteriorating after 5-6 years like this... the rubber simply became brittle and fell apart. Ridiculous.)

Anyway, I found the part and am curious how hard it was to replace.

Thanks,
    Dave

Hi Dave!

I have been lazy and haven't replaced yet...just been hitting the button on the key fob when I need the window rather than the whole thing.

The part is easily available here is a link to it on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/140920535062...84.m1423.l2649

I tried quickly to pull the old one out using needlenose pliers and wasn't successful...I didn't want to go crazy and break anything especially since I didn't have the replacement part yet. Looking at the new part online, it should be super easy to replace...the hard part will be figuring out how to remove the old one. It would be great if it can be pull out, it will suck if the entire inside trim/covers need removed to get to the exterior trip piece that holds the switch.

Please let me know if you find the magic way to do.

Brandon

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

My guess is you will have to get to it from the inside to be able to remove it properly and secure the new one in place. If you have some free time I would begin taking the inside rear door panel off and working my way towards where it's located. If all else fails you could always take it into a shop to do or even the dealer.

dzar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
    Resurrecting an old thread. My button also fell apart in my 2007 Escalde (the quality of parts in this thing is amazing.... not in a good way).

Anyway, I got a replacement and tried to follow the instructions in the shop manual to remove the inside trim, then the bolts for the wiper motor, then the bolts for the rear trim... didn't get very far for all of said bolts I tried to remove simply spun in place with no way to get behind them to hold the nuts (more great GM quality!).

Turns out, however, one need not go through all of this pain. The switch is held in by two tabs that you can pry out with a small screw driver... switch is already bad so no worries about breaking it. Once out, remove the writing harness and connect the new switch. Hardest part is holding the harness to put on the new switch as there is little slack, but it's doable. Push switch into place and done.

Should take five minutes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.