Standardization Among Dealers Selling Escalade/Cadillac
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 4 Post By MrHolland
  • 2 Post By MrHolland
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Standardization Among Dealers Selling Escalade/Cadillac in Cadillac Escalade Forums; This post is not to begin any type of flame war and will result in the thread being locked if ...
    MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Standardization Among Dealers Selling Escalade/Cadillac

This post is not to begin any type of flame war and will result in the thread being locked if this does occur.

----Cadillac Customer Service,

Why isn't there some type of standardization among Cadillac dealerships?? More often than not people complain about the lack of customer service they receive when visiting the dealer. These dealerships are representing you (Cadillac). Why should someone have to visit multiple dealers before they are properly serviced? Example - Recently a gentleman posted about piston slap. The first dealer indicated all was normal and sent him on his way, the second dealer addressed the issue and properly serviced the customer. Is asking for standardization from the "Standard of the World" too much?? IMHO, owning a Cadillac is a privilege that most of us make sacrifices to do so. Why isn't selling a Cadillac also a privilege?? Any thought you (Cadillac) might like to share would be greatly appreciated.
    chakde, chakde, sdgc and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Re: Standardization Among Dealers Selling Escalade/Cadillac

Oh Mr H, what have you started here?

I doubt CCS will have a satisfactory answer for you, it's not in their playbook or scope.

I suppose you could address your query to GM corporate, but I'm pretty sure the answer you seek lies in researching the long established relationship between auto manufacturers and dealers ... basically google "state franchise laws" and have fun reading. Way too many details to go into it here, but god help you if you're a new manufacturer like Tesla and want to sell your cars without a local dealer, you can expect lawsuits from even the most 'business friendly' of states like Texas to rain down upon you. In fact it is against the law in most states for auto manufacturers to sell cars directly to consumers. There are some mighty powerful lobbies behind this.

So in come the independent dealerships and their varying degree of professionalism and service. This also behooves Cadillac and other manufacturers cause it puts another entity between them and their customers, this gives them cover from customers' poor experiences under the premise 'blame the dealer not the company.'

The real question you should be asking is, how come some manufacturers like BMW or Lexus have better control mechanisms to create greater homogenization of the customer experience at their independent dealerships? My understanding is that they are a lot more willing to yank the dealer's right to sell their vehicles than other manufacturers. On the other hand many brands like Land Rover and Jaguar have even worse variations in their dealers' standards. One famous LR/Jaguar dealership here is known for literally stealing stuff from people's glove boxes whilst their car is in for service. Even taking the customer's newer tires off their vehicle and replacing them with worn out ones. And they still represent LR/Jaguar.

The whole system is a complicated mess, and it's full of contradictions and conflicts of interest. And in fairness Cadillac ranks somewhere in the middle of luxury car makers' customer satisfaction ratings. Not the best but better than some brands that one would expect much higher standards from.
    Attached Images

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    This post is not to begin any type of flame war and will result in the thread being locked if this does occur.

----Cadillac Customer Service,

Why isn't there some type of standardization among Cadillac dealerships?? More often than not people complain about the lack of customer service they receive when visiting the dealer. These dealerships are representing you (Cadillac). Why should someone have to visit multiple dealers before they are properly serviced? Example - Recently a gentleman posted about piston slap. The first dealer indicated all was normal and sent him on his way, the second dealer addressed the issue and properly serviced the customer. Is asking for standardization from the "Standard of the World" too much?? IMHO, owning a Cadillac is a privilege that most of us make sacrifices to do so. Why isn't selling a Cadillac also a privilege?? Any thought you (Cadillac) might like to share would be greatly appreciated.
    Hello MrHolland,

I apologize if you were mistreated at a Cadillac dealership. I am sorry you feel the way you do about the lack of customer service. Dealerships are independently owned and operated; it is up to that dealership on how they want to represent their image. I am more than happy to work with you in documenting any dealership complaint and or dealership compliment into our file that can be accessed by multiple departments at General Motors. Please let me know if there is any way I can assist you with your concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Fortunately I've only had positive experiences with my dealer, but the majority have not. You help me make my point, dealers are independently owned and operated. Wouldnt you, Cadillac, only want the best dealerships selling and servicing your product?? Why doesn't Cadillac have a little more leverage in enforcing a standard??
    Banshee8732 and Banshee8732 like this.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

why does this thread keep coming up in my "subscribed threads with new posts" list when there is not a new post?

it's happened about 4-5 times since MrHolland's last post
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

It also popped up new for me. Strange....

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

maybe our posts here will knock it back to behaving properly
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

No response Cadillac Customer Service as to why Cadillac isn't able to enforce a standard among all of the dealerships that sell their product?? These dealerships are not representing themselves, they're representing the whole brand.

----Please document this conversation so that it may be accessed by multiple departments within GM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.