how many of you have painted calipers?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, how many of you have painted calipers? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Just curious if you upgraded the entire brake system, added painted calipers and/or drilled/slotted rotors for the look, etc. would ...
    wangstarr03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

how many of you have painted calipers?

Just curious if you upgraded the entire brake system, added painted calipers and/or drilled/slotted rotors for the look, etc. would love to see some pics as I am thinking of undertaking this mod; I think red calipers would look great on my white truck and between the spokes of my stock 22's. Any insight/suggestions would be appreciated and again, pics please, thanks!

----------

thread inadvertently submitted twice; mods please feel free to remove

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

KBoxer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: how many of you have painted calipers?

Running the Baer Plus 1 slotted and drilled rotors that come with brackets to move out the stock calipers. 24" wheels. Have my calipers painted black. I think painting them red might be a little much as they are just cast steel calipers with a rough finish. They are not the oversized aluminum caliper type that you'd normally want to draw attention too.

roadog1aj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 EXT Premium & 2006 STS4

Re: how many of you have painted calipers?

Here is a link to a thread discussing caliper covers: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...er-covers.html
    My reply is about half way down. It has a brief description of how I went about painting my calipers, and also has pics showing before, during, and after shots of the calipers. It has been almost exactly a year ago when I painted my calipers, and they still look like I just painted them! Surprisingly, I have received more parking lot compliments for my calipers, than i have for the truck itself!! I could never imagine installing caliper covers that are not really covers at all....just very expensive plates. You can still easily see the rest of the untreated caliper through your rims. I have 22" rims and my calipers are easily viewed. Your 24" rims would make it even more easy to see flawed calipers. I would recommend a few hours cleaning and painting them, or spending the $$ to install pre-painted or powder coated calipers. (Wayyyy too expensive for my blood!)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.