Help, Squeaking when I hit small bumps in the back.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Help, Squeaking when I hit small bumps in the back. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; This is been going on for a while when I am driving and I hit small bumps I hear a ...
    SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

Help, Squeaking when I hit small bumps in the back.

This is been going on for a while when I am driving and I hit small bumps I hear a noise coming from the rear right. I heard someone had replaced the rear shocks and still it didn't work. I am suppose to take my car to the dealer next week but I don't want to buy rear shocks if it doesn't cure the problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Alpha.Romeo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Hi

Well i had a squicking noise coming from the rear right...
    In my case it was the rear cover that had been broken and that was tubing against the window...
    I was searching for nearly 2 months until I found out what it was. It was freaking me out to search for such a long period. And it was chance that mad me find the problem... I was once closing the rear door and heading backwards and as the door slammed in and I passed by the rear window I heard the sound... So maybe you check that first
    Greetings from Munich

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Help, Squeaking when I hit small bumps in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyShops NY View Post
    This is been going on for a while when I am driving and I hit small bumps I hear a noise coming from the rear right. I heard someone had replaced the rear shocks and still it didn't work. I am suppose to take my car to the dealer next week but I don't want to buy rear shocks if it doesn't cure the problem.
    Hello SpyShops NY,

I would wait to purchase any vehicle parts until after your dealership visit. Please update us after your vehicle diagnosis!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Ozzy12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT

This is going to sound stupid but I had a squeak on my brand new '13 and it was driving me nuts. Sounded like a mouse chirping in the rear when you'd hit imperfections in the road. Here it was when you have the third row seat upright, the shoulder of the seat rubs against the pillar and it was enough to squeak. Been rolling around now for four weeks with the seat backs flipped down(not the seat all the way flipped up as that causes other rattles) and its been all good.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

I had the third row seats out and it happens from the right rear, I don't want to buy shocks bc they are good. It comes and goes as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.