Steering wheel rub issue?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Steering wheel rub issue? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I seem to have some sort of an audible steering wheel to column rub when I turn the wheel. The ...
    Cadsrfun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Silver Escalade ESV Platinum

Steering wheel rub issue?

I seem to have some sort of an audible steering wheel to column rub when I turn the wheel. The vehicle is a 2010 ESV Platinum however this issue would probably pertain to all Escalade models. I looked between the wheel and column an there looks to be a sufficient gap. Has anybody else had this issue? It might be internal at the steering wheel to column interface. I'm hoping its not something called the clock spring which allows the steering wheel to turn while still making up the internal electrical connections. I done a search and came up short except for one guy complaining about Escalades and noting this is one of a lot of issues. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Steering wheel rub issue?

2010 Platinum Shorty, haven't noticed it on mine.

2kflhr is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

I've noticed this slight noise when turning in my mine on several occasions.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

Me also I had it on my 2003 ESV and when its cold outside the same on my 2008 when I go to the dealer I am going to ask the good old boys what this is.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadsrfun View Post
    I seem to have some sort of an audible steering wheel to column rub when I turn the wheel. The vehicle is a 2010 ESV Platinum however this issue would probably pertain to all Escalade models. I looked between the wheel and column an there looks to be a sufficient gap. Has anybody else had this issue? It might be internal at the steering wheel to column interface. I'm hoping its not something called the clock spring which allows the steering wheel to turn while still making up the internal electrical connections. I done a search and came up short except for one guy complaining about Escalades and noting this is one of a lot of issues. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hello Cadsrfun,

I am sorry your vehicle seems to have an issue with its steering wheel. Is taking your vehicle to the dealership something you would consider because we rely on our dealerships for their technical expertise. Please let me know if you want further assistance. If you private message me with your concerns and contact information, VIN and current mileage, I am more than happy to explore any options.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by SpyShops NY View Post
    Me also I had it on my 2003 ESV and when its cold outside the same on my 2008 when I go to the dealer I am going to ask the good old boys what this is.
    Please post the results of what they say... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kflhr View Post
    I've noticed this slight noise when turning in my mine on several occasions.
    Hello 2kflhr,

If you would like assistance with this issue please let me know. If you private message me with your contact information, VIN and current mileage, I am more than happy to look into this issue for you and explore our options from there.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

wwceaton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade base

I would love to help but every time i fix this problem it is always something diffrent every time. Could be the clockspring, the plastic shrouds rubing, steering columb bearings, lower septer shaft going through the fire wall rubbing. So with out seeing it first hand i am only giving out the most common problems. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wwceaton View Post
    I would love to help but every time i fix this problem it is always something diffrent every time. Could be the clockspring, the plastic shrouds rubing, steering columb bearings, lower septer shaft going through the fire wall rubbing. So with out seeing it first hand i am only giving out the most common problems. Good luck.
    Thanks for the options. The plastic shrouds sounds like the easiest thing to check out first. The rubbing seems close to the steering wheel so I think bearings and lower shaft are not likely.

2kflhr is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello 2kflhr,

If you would like assistance with this issue please let me know. If you private message me with your contact information, VIN and current mileage, I am more than happy to look into this issue for you and explore our options from there.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Thank you, I plan to go by the dealer this week to have them provide the key for my wheel lug locks so I will mention it then. I I don't get it resolved I'll get back with you. Thanks Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadsrfun View Post
    The plastic shrouds sounds like the easiest thing to check out first. The rubbing seems close to the steering wheel so I think bearings and lower shaft are not likely.
    Yup, same here

Quote Originally Posted by 2kflhr View Post
    Thank you, I plan to go by the dealer this week to have them provide the key for my wheel lug locks so I will mention it then. I I don't get it resolved I'll get back with you. Thanks Again!

Yup, same here
    Thank you for getting back with me 2kflhr. Keep me updated after your dealership visit.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.