is your Transmission quirky?? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, is your Transmission quirky?? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; another TSB number that the dealer can find is TSB #09-07-30-004B because i am also having the same problem and ...
    Caddy2489 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Re: is your Transmission quirky??

another TSB number that the dealer can find is TSB #09-07-30-004B because i am also having the same problem and tried the one posted earlier in the thread but they couldn't find that so i looked on google and found that ...seems to describe the problem everyone is having perfect ... only problem im having now is because no error
    code has been tossed the dealer says it is running fine ... clearly it is not i do have an extended warrenty from
    GM but idk what to do next

Leelabell1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Mine was doing that then I lost the transmission....you may want to haVe it checked. It cost me $4000.00 to replace and GM would not compensate nor back their product. I have an 07 escalade

wwceaton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade base

Quote Originally Posted by shore View Post
    I know this sounds like an odd question but I don't know how better summarize it. It doesn't feel wrong it just feels odd.

Strong pedal acceleration and it shifts fine. Smooth and predictable.

On light driving, each time it shifts it lets off power and then picks up. Almost like massive Tq management. 2nd and 3rd shifts seem to be the worst about this.

Another thing, driving highway speeds, 75mph or so, going to pass someone, thing drops 2-3 gears to get going. No hills or anything odd, seems the more aggressive I am with the pedal the quicker it responds and goes but if I'm gentle(mpg) it feels like a slug.

I'm wondering if this is all centered around an overly aggressive Tq management system or this is just normal.

Sure seems hard to drive smoothly in traffic with it backing off each shift in the lower gears.
    There is a TSB for this..
    •A/T Controls - Hesitation/Lack of Performance

Bulletin No.: 07-07-30-030

Date: November 21, 2007

TECHNICAL
    Subject:
    6L80 Automatic Transmission - Hesitation, Lack of Performance, Difficult to Obtain Downshifts (Reprogram TCM)
    Models:
    2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
    2007-2008 GMC Sierra Denali, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL

with 6L80 Automatic Transmission (RPO MYC)

Condition

Some customers may comment that the vehicle has a hesitation or lack of performance when attempting to accelerate with moderate throttle apply in the 56-113 km/h (35-70 mph) range. They may also comment that it is difficult to obtain transmission downshifts in the same 56-113 km/h (35-70 mph) range.

Correction

A revised transmission calibration has been developed to address these issues. Reprogram the transmission control module (TCM) with updated calibration files using the TIS2WEB Service Programming System (SPS) application. As always, make sure your Tech 2(R) is updated with the latest software version.

These calibrations will be "selectable" and should only be used to correct a customer concern as detailed above. Use of this calibration in a vehicle without these concerns may result in comments of busy shifting.

Warranty Information

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.