is your Transmission quirky?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, is your Transmission quirky?? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So since it is a tsb and not a recall, what are the conditions on getting it fixed I too ...
    Whiterob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Re: is your Transmission quirky??

So since it is a tsb and not a recall, what are the conditions on getting it fixed I too have noticed this and am quite annoyed with it. But my escalade has 150k so not sure they are likely to do anything.

48Dodge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV
    Does anyone have a work order on getting this repaired? I've had mine at the dealer a couple times but of course it didn't shift hard with them. I even drove it once with a tech. We'll my dealer moved about 30 minutes from here. Are the valves a pretty inexpensive fix? I am thinking of bringing it into a transmission shop to get the repairs done if it's somewhat cheap.

48Dodge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Deany View Post
    Theres a TSB for this. Its the hard shift/flare from 2nd into 3rd. I had it on mine, theres a seal kit they install and some other stuff and it fixes the issue.

Just checked my invoice it says

Cause : Doc 2702577 applies

1 retainer
    1 frt freight
    1 seal kit
    1 seal
    1 seal
    6 ATF

Doc 2702577 applies k9531 5.40 replace sealing rings with new design. My trans has shifted smooth ever since no more hard shift. Had it done back in 2011.
    Just saw this. Anyone have a cost the dealer "charged" caddy for this repair?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by 48Dodge View Post
    Does anyone have a work order on getting this repaired? I've had mine at the dealer a couple times but of course it didn't shift hard with them. I even drove it once with a tech. We'll my dealer moved about 30 minutes from here. Are the valves a pretty inexpensive fix? I am thinking of bringing it into a transmission shop to get the repairs done if it's somewhat cheap.
    Hello 48Dodge,

I am sorry your dealer was unable to duplicate your issue with your vehicle. If you would like to discuss this concern and have me research on your behalf I am more than happy to assist if you private message me with your contact information, VIN, mileage and dealership name and location.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

I've noticed the same issue in stop and go traffic my escalade will be in 2nd gear and when I give it some gas when i'm rolling at around 10mph it will make a loud clunk noise usually. I have a few things I would like the dealer to diagnose however i'm so sick and tired of the hours of operation that benefit their own schedule instead of the individuals that work everyday. I tried to setup an appointment for this saturday morning to finally get it in and of course they tell me they will be closed for the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by blackex View Post
    I've noticed the same issue in stop and go traffic my escalade will be in 2nd gear and when I give it some gas when i'm rolling at around 10mph it will make a loud clunk noise usually. I have a few things I would like the dealer to diagnose however i'm so sick and tired of the hours of operation that benefit their own schedule instead of the individuals that work everyday. I tried to setup an appointment for this saturday morning to finally get it in and of course they tell me they will be closed for the holiday.
    Hi blackex,

I am sorry to hear the dealer is closed for the holiday. I understand how it can be frustrating going around your work schedule only to hear the dealer is closed when you would like to take your vehicle in. I am sorry you are experiencing this issue, and I hope you are able to take your vehicle in for diagnosis early next week. If you would like to discuss anything further, or have concerns you would like help with, please private message us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Mr.SWAG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): RRS S/C

So does this Fix the problem I also have the same problem with my transmission

jdubh25 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS, 2007 Escalade
    Mine is at the dealer now getting this addressed along with other issues. They are going to do the software update to it to see if that solves the problems.

Laura would you be able to answer a few questions for me?

Quote Originally Posted by jdubh25 View Post
    Mine is at the dealer now getting this addressed along with other issues. They are going to do the software update to it to see if that solves the problems.

Laura would you be able to answer a few questions for me?
    Hello jdubh25,

If you private message me, I am more than happy to try and assist with answering any questions.

Laura M.

Banshee8732 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

Dealer is rebuilding my transmission. Should have been done already but the torque converter seal didn't come in. So now the earliest I get it back is Tuesday. It's been gone since this past Monday. SMH. I'm about half an issue away from getting rid of this thing. It's pretty disappointing when your vehicle has been in the shop for a week on two different occasions within the last 1.5 months. I love the Escalade, but if things are straightened out with mine I might be better off with a different one.

SouthernCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

I just bought a 2000 factory GM trans for my esclade, now it shifts very good like it did new Plus is has a 3 years unlimited mileage warranty.

Royalton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Escalade

The Trans Thunk (2nd 3rd gear) has been brought up many many times. Most do have it, but not all. I have an 07 and an 09 my 07 is perfect my 09 thunks all day long, very very annoying, GM of course said its normal. Someone once posted up a link to a good youtube video that has a fix for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee8732 View Post
    Dealer is rebuilding my transmission. Should have been done already but the torque converter seal didn't come in. So now the earliest I get it back is Tuesday. It's been gone since this past Monday. SMH. I'm about half an issue away from getting rid of this thing. It's pretty disappointing when your vehicle has been in the shop for a week on two different occasions within the last 1.5 months. I love the Escalade, but if things are straightened out with mine I might be better off with a different one.
    Hello Banshee8732,

I understand how you can be frustrated having to keep your vehicle at the dealer for a week or two at a time. I am happy to hear you love the Escalade! I would be disappointed if my vehicle was more in the shop than in my hands. I hope after these fixes your vehicle is up to par and you are satisfied. Please reach out to us with questions or additional concerns!

Regards,

Laura M.

listkeeper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

My 2007 acts the same. Sadly I am now out of warranty so I will live with it.

Banshee8732 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

Thanks. Transmission is done. Still waiting on another issue. It's been a boar's nest.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.