Wiring in a Passport 7500 Radar Dectector
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By blackex
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Wiring in a Passport 7500 Radar Dectector in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a Passport 7500 and use the direct wire smartcord. I've mounted the RD just left of the rear ...
    2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

Wiring in a Passport 7500 Radar Dectector

I have a Passport 7500 and use the direct wire smartcord. I've mounted the RD just left of the rear view mirror and run everything down to the dash but am having the hardest time finding a fuse in the fuse box on the left end of the dash to tap into so that the RD powers down when the ignition is off. In my '99 Yukon I piggybacked in on a fuse with ease. I'd rather not tap into ae wire and prefer to slip a connector in with a fuse blade as the vehicle is still under warranty. I'm hoping someone familiar with the 2010 Escalade wiring diagrams can point me to a fuse to connect into. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Wiring in a Passport 7500 Radar Dectector

Mission accomplished. I did searches on this forum and didn't come up with what I was looking for however I Googled my question and found an old thread from here that answered my question. Evidently I missed it somehow. Anyhow here is the thread should anyone need it in the future. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...er-source.html

71Dragtruck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

If you tie into that pin #8 let us know if it throws codes like that one guy posted or if it works fine.

I connected it and powered the RD on/off several cycles and run the engine briefly and didn't get any codes.

Thanks, I have a hard wire smart cord sitting in my glovebox for couple years that I've been too lazy to install, looks like this week just maybe the time to finally do it.

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

I don't get why you didn't just wire it into your rearview mirror harness? Maybe i'm just missing something here. I have my V1 mounted to my rear view mirror and wired into the mirror harness.
    Rustico and Rustico like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blackex View Post
    I don't get why you didn't just wire it into your rearview mirror harness? Maybe i'm just missing something here. I have my V1 mounted to my rear view mirror and wired into the mirror harness.
    Because my detector uses a smart cord (has a small control box on it, for quick muting) and want to retain the functions of it, I will mount it in the small useless hole next to my headlight controls.

Quote Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck View Post
    Thanks, I have a hard wire smart cord sitting in my glovebox for couple years that I've been too lazy to install, looks like this week just maybe the time to finally do it.
    Simple once you know where to tap in for the power. Twenty minutes tops

Quote Originally Posted by blackex View Post
    My smart cord has a small mute button and warning light that can be conveniently mounted on the dash ( is use Velcro) where its easy to get to. I kind of like the convenience of it and wanted to continue to be able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck View Post
    Because my detector uses a smart cord (has a small control box on it, for quick muting) and want to retain the functions of it, I will mount it in the small useless hole next to my headlight controls.
    I considered that but elected not to as I didn't want the wires so noticeable.

I'm going to drill a hole in the top corner of the little cubby hole or whatever you want to call it and feed the wires out the back, if I ever sell or trade it in I'll repair the hole from the back and cover with black felt.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.