Newbie Escalade owner and very happy about the purchase!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Newbie Escalade owner and very happy about the purchase! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ive read a lot of the post on the forum and made a long list of mods from reading through ...
    Dfost is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade

Newbie Escalade owner and very happy about the purchase!

Ive read a lot of the post on the forum and made a long list of mods from reading through all of you guys post. I really appreciate having this website as a guide for a lot of the mods I would like to do. I have a question about the 08 Escalade and installing the factory Nav head unit. I would like to upgrade to the newer year unit with CF card is this possible? Thank you in advance!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rich08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade EXT

Re: Newbie Escalade owner and very happy about the purchase!

Welcome to the forums, take a side pic of ur esky so we can see the rims. About the nav unit I also have an 08 and wanted to upgrade but I've read that the supernav is only compatible on 07,09 and up not 08. I really hope it's not true but that's what I've read.

zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

I am not sure why that has been said, but a member here "toygar" claims he has a 2012 nav in his 2008. You might want to try PMing him. OEMAutoPartsCo is so far the only people I actually see claiming that it was tested and does not work. I have not seen a member here say that they tried it and it failed.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rt-number.html

I say you should find a 2012 with CF from a seller that accepts returns. If it works, that would be great and you should let us know, and if not you just return it, confirm it here and order a different unit.

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

Welcome to the forum!

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Welcome to the forum!! Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

Congrats on your new ride! You will love the room and the power and the smooth ride of the Escalade..... can't be matched!

Another options is looking at some double DINS in placement of the old system... you have lots of options out there, or even seen some people with ipad minis in their dash. JUST throwing it out there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.