Key Fobs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Key Fobs in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have an 07 and the symbols are worn. It's the early style 07. I see on ebay they sell ...
    shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Key Fobs

I have an 07 and the symbols are worn. It's the early style 07. I see on ebay they sell replacement fobs and they are 07-09. Can I use this instead of the older style?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-ESC...9aad43&vxp=mtr

----------

I guess I asked to quickly, looks like this was a big topic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rustico is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

Re: Key Fobs

yes. I have an 07 and I use 2 new edition ones and 1 old edition all at the same time just gather all the remotes and program them at the same time.

The newer edition ones are sweet and the distance range is awesome. Just becareful to not drop the newer edition ones since they hit a corner and it is easy to break them if that happens.

ok, thx. I ordered a new style one.

Hemmissey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac Escalade
    So we go to the dealership to reprogram I believe? How much do they charge for this type of service?

bigwill1323704 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemmissey
    So we go to the dealership to reprogram I believe? How much do they charge for this type of service?
    It's easy to reprogram your self

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Quote Originally Posted by Rustico View Post
    yes. I have an 07 and I use 2 new edition ones and 1 old edition all at the same time just gather all the remotes and program them at the same time.

The newer edition ones are sweet and the distance range is awesome. Just becareful to not drop the newer edition ones since they hit a corner and it is easy to break them if that happens.
    Totally agree, the one thing I did notice was a definite increase in range with the new style remote! The 2007 remote that came with the vehicle only worked up to 20 feet away it seemed.

A 2-way confirmation would be nice. This might sound nit picky but I find it a bit odd you have to press 1 button and then press another button and then repress and hold for four seconds all within range of the vehicle...lol, hard to get that all accomplished before hopping in and just using the key under normal circumstances.

I can see where it would be very helpful but holding 1 button sure seems a bit simpler.

Hemmissey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwill1323704

It's easy to reprogram your self
    I would like to know how please :-)

it's in your owners manual in your vehicle.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Can also be found in our FAQ Tech Section sticky

eljefe7070 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

So would it be safe to assume that the EBAY keys and keyfobs work? Would like to know before I spend money on these just to find out they don't work.

wwceaton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade base

Yes i also perchased the new style remotes for my 2007 from E-bay and they work great, made wife very happy. Very easy to program just look in your owners manual.

zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Quote Originally Posted by shore View Post
    A 2-way confirmation would be nice. This might sound nit picky but I find it a bit odd you have to press 1 button and then press another button and then repress and hold for four seconds all within range of the vehicle...lol, hard to get that all accomplished before hopping in and just using the key under normal circumstances.

I can see where it would be very helpful but holding 1 button sure seems a bit simpler.
    Another cool way to start the vehicle, with a two-way confirm, is (if you use OnStar) to upgrade to the Gen 9.3 VCIM. OnStar RemoteLink is a cool feature to have. My 2010 came with it. It basically it shows you your fuel level, tire pressure, oil level, etc. along with remote start, lock, unlock, and more. All from your iPhone or Android phone, from any distance.

Quote Originally Posted by zach2011 View Post
    Another cool way to start the vehicle, with a two-way confirm, is (if you use OnStar) to upgrade to the Gen 9.3 VCIM. OnStar RemoteLink is a cool feature to have. My 2010 came with it. It basically it shows you your fuel level, tire pressure, oil level, etc. along with remote start, lock, unlock, and more. All from your iPhone or Android phone, from any distance.
    I don't think that works on the 07 models. I think 2010 and up can do that.

----------

Moderated.

Please list classifieds in the proper section, a sticky has been created at the top of the Escalade section. Thank you for understanding.

zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Quote Originally Posted by shore View Post
    I don't think that works on the 07 models. I think 2010 and up can do that.
    From the factory, only 2010+ models can, yes. But if you swap the VCIM module (which is located under your radio) in your 2007 with one from a 2010+, you gain the OnStar remote start/car info feature, PLUS built in Bluetooth. Also, you can search for and send addresses to your truck's navigation system straight from your phone. So as soon as you turn on the truck, the navigation system automatically loads the address you sent it and begins the route. And if you don't have factory nav, but have OnStar "directions and connections" plan, it sends the route to your OnStar system, so the automated OnStar nav voice gives you directions through your speakers.

Just saying that it's a super neat and simple upgrade that a few have done. I personally did this for my 2008 CTS and it was worth it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.