2007 Escalade - running board lights, heated seats problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade - running board lights, heated seats problems in Cadillac Escalade Forums; 2007 escalde running boards not working and front heated seats not working . What do i need to replace? Can ...
    slickCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2007 Escalade - running board lights, heated seats problems

2007 escalde running boards not working and front heated seats not working . What do i need to replace? Can anyone help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: help please !!!!!

You will be far, far better off with this up in Escalade. "Help please !!!!" doesn't define your problem - I'll change the thread title to be more descriptive.

Moved to Escalade forums.

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Re: 2007 Escalade - running board lights, heated seats problems

You have automatic running boards? I've heard nothing but problems with those and i'm glad my 2007 has the fixed running boards. I would check the electrical connections for the running boards including fuses. Same with the heated seats, I would check the fuses. If all else fails I would go to a dealership and have them diagnose the problem. If you don't like their diagnosis and believe it's overpriced then I would take their findings and go to a reputable auto repair facility and take their findings to them to see what they have to say as well as their price.

emay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum

I'd start with a good thumb through some of the threads on this forum regarding heated seats, there's been several home wrenchers resolve those issues:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...archid=1054593

Have to assume you have the auto runners, this too has had a number of thread discussions. I just had to replace the drivers side motor on my 09 the saturday before easter. Started off as intermittent and evolved to a fully inoperable winker. Got the motor off a totaled 08 at a local pick n pull for 40 bucks. An hour on my back in the garage and she was good as new. Check your fuses, check your plugs. If everything looks good there, check your loads at the motor. I narrowed my issue to the motor by this means.

zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Why does the title have "running board lights"? The OP doesn't mention anything about lights and the running boards themselves are not lit...That "more descriptive" moderator edit turned out to still be misleading lol.

I had a electronic problem the harness it was rubbing on the frame and causing my truck to shut down everytime it was moist out. Im thinking there is a module or something that got burned out during the electrical problems. Im guessing what burned out may control the heated front seats and the running boards.

----------

I checked all the fuses and i have no power coming to the running boards.

----------

Any help would be great and thank you for all of the responses.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

There is a module that underneath the power assist step assembly that controls them, and on some trucks also controls the blind zone alert.
    Have a look under there and make sure all the harnesses are plugged all the way in.

You think it may control the heated seats as well? I don't have the blind spot warning its a 07. The back seat heat work just fine its just the front. Any clue where i should start looking for this, driver side or passenger any any info would be truly helpful.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

I dunno bud, the two issues might or might not be related. I just note where the PAS module is in case you wish to double check it.

And its not the lights on the running boards its the boards themselves not working.

----------

Thanks I will check that. I really appreciate your input.

Still no go on the boards or seats. It has to be some simple that runs both things. Its driving me nuts.

edyvill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac Escalade Ext

Hello I am having same problems with my running boards. Went to the dealership and wanting to charge 750.00 for module and installation ?!? Is this correct ?

Have you found a solution ??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.