New 24" Wheels on my ESV
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, New 24" Wheels on my ESV in Cadillac Escalade Forums; A few weeks ago I bought a set of 24x10 (+31) replica wheels off ebay and then ordered Pirelli Scorpion ...
    ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

New 24" Wheels on my ESV

A few weeks ago I bought a set of 24x10 (+31) replica wheels off ebay and then ordered Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asim's from discount tire in size 305/35/ZR24.
    Tires arrived yesterday and today Discount Tire got me all setup. I'm happy with the looks. Stocking looking but larger. Don't know about the ride yet as I haven't really driven it more than 2 miles and with the stock wheels in the back.
    Have noticed that at full lock the tires seem to hit the auto running boards.

A pic:

soulsea, soulsea, Rich08 and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PearlCaddy04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV
    Pretty whip !

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Re: New 24" Wheels on my ESV

E, I have been pondering the same rims but can't make up my mind whether to pull the trigger on them.

I keep forgetting, are you running a drop on your truck?

Looks beautiful!!!

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I bought the regular 24 inch stick wheels and then a few months later I saw the 24 platinum wheels I was pissed! Those look great!

Eeek double post

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Looks awesome, Congrats!!!! I like the stock 24s, its just enough difference to make your car stand out and most ppl wont be able to figure it out. Slight subtle improvements!!! I like it!!!

Thanks all.
    No lower on my truck. Living in Colorado it's just not a good idea for winter driving.
    After further inspection it's rubbing the interior liner and the running board at full turn. I just need to be careful with tight turns...

Yeah that will happen a little, especially if you're backing up on a hill with the wheels turned, or if you turn in at an angle up a parking ramp and such.

It won't hurt anything but if it bothers you it should be pretty easily remedied with a heat gun on the liner. As long as you're not rubbing on the power assist step you're good.

I want to use 305/35s but I'm worried about rubbing on the assist step so I was gonna go 295/35. But if you're good on the PAS and only rubbing liner then I'll go ahead with the 305s.

-------------------

ETA: For those who may not know, the PAS intrude more into the front wheel wells than the regular running boards, hence the above comment.

----------

Damn, I re-read your OP ... I missed it that you were hitting the PAS and thought it was only liner.

How bad is it?

escalade kidd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade EXT

Sweet!!!

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

soulsea i love your rims i wonder why they made the center cap diff ? i am thinking of getting those and some mudd tires for my truck maybe with a 6 in lift i wonder how that would look

You mean the polished version of the Platinum 22s?

Those would probably look great on a lifted truck with some 33s.

The center cap is the same chrome one as on the rest of the Esky 22s. I'm guessing they kept those to match the other chrome elements on the truck.

Thanks, and stay tuned cause they might be up for sale soon.

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

E, would a taller tire maybe more 295/40r24 clear to be able to drive it or would that be to big ?

----------

you read my mind on the 33s

Hemmissey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac Escalade
    24's are perfect!! Looking good!!

Damndirtyape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

Can you not adjust the PAS back a little? I'm in the process of trying to work a deal with a buddy for his 26s (fit fine with 305's on his but he has regular steps) and I've read that you can adjust the steps back a little for clearance. The mount bracket is apparently slotted so you can move it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
    Damn, I re-read your OP ... I missed it that you were hitting the PAS and thought it was only liner.

How bad is it?
    It's not super bad...but bad enough that I need to do some mods to remedy it as i'm paranoid to fully turn the wheel.

I love the way it looks.
    They are balanced very well and have no vibration in the steering wheel so far up to about 75 mph.
    Tight turns and compressions I can hear it hitting the liner and really tight turns it hits the PAS.

Here are a few additional pics:

----------

Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
    The center cap is the same chrome one as on the rest of the Esky 22s. I'm guessing they kept those to match the other chrome elements on the truck.
    Just a note that the center caps on these 24" wheels are very different than the stock 22" center caps. The stock 22's would not fit. I had some issue with the new center caps staying in place so I bought some thin sticky felt pads and stuck them to the inside of the caps it worked great.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by texas1 View Post
    E, would a taller tire maybe more 295/40r24 clear to be able to drive it or would that be to big ?[COLOR="Silver"]
    In retrospect, I wish I would have gone with a 295/35/24...but I had real difficulty finding a tire that I liked in this size. I really wanted the Yokohama Parada Spec-x, but they were on national backorder for quite a while. I wasn't willing to go with a cheaper tires so i went the 305 route with the Pirelli's. I'll make some mods and it will be fine...i hope!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Damndirtyape View Post
    Can you not adjust the PAS back a little? I'm in the process of trying to work a deal with a buddy for his 26s (fit fine with 305's on his but he has regular steps) and I've read that you can adjust the steps back a little for clearance. The mount bracket is apparently slotted so you can move it a little.
    I'm really hoping that I can. Just 1/2 inch would make a huge difference.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.