2007 Escalade ESV VCIM issue.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade ESV VCIM issue. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello, I have a "small" problem. I bought the buluetooth VCIM and I happily was perepping the swap. But surprise! ...
    djlex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

2007 Escalade ESV VCIM issue.

Hello,

I have a "small" problem. I bought the buluetooth VCIM and I happily was perepping the swap.
    But surprise! After removing the navigation, there is no VCIM (old type) in the car.
    No plastic bracket, no connectors, nothing.

Is it possible that the ESV didn't come with the onstar feature, even though I have the three buttons on the rear view mirror?

I have this problem with the RVC also. There is no camera module under the passenger seat, no connector, nothing.

Now I will try to remove the plastic wrap from the wiring loom, to check if the connectors have been cut off.
    Some crazy *ss*hole worked at this car and installed a GVN unit from garmin, a YAESU radio, and a Federal Signal siren, and there are a lot off wires under the center console. Plus, he made some modifications to the NAVI unit, so now I have to press a small button to switch between the radio&stuff and the GVN unit which has been put to some VIDEO IN.

Help appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

Re: 2007 Escalade ESV VCIM issue.

You might have to buy the wire harness off of ebay and put it back or look for those wires for the onstar wires. Probably was some paranoid guy that didn't want onstar in his truck or navigation so he couldn't be tracked you might be missing the microphone in the overhead panel as well. I get customers that ask me to remove it because they are afraid of the feds finding out where they are at.

zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Sounds like you have a f***ed up radio setup...not the way you want it, I assume? Do you plan on putting everything back to stock?

Anyways it sounds like the last owner removed the VCIM and all corresponding parts to make room for all that crazy stuff you mentioned. Unless the vehicle was ordered brand new with Onstar Delete but I doubt it.

Also what do you mean by RVC?

@spyshops NY : Do you think I can find such harness on ebay? And what type of harness do I have to look for? The whole interior harness? Does the escalade have some junction, like Audi have CAN separators? Also, can you tell me where is the microfone located, so that I can look for it? I understand that the guy removed the VCIM, and camera + camera module, but why the connectors too?

@zach2011 : Yes, I plan to revert almost everything to stock. I want to find a solution to keep the Garmin GVM since the factory navigation doesn't provide coverage for Romania.
    I will try to decode the options code list and see if I have the onstar package and RVC.
    By RVC I mean "Rear View Camera".
    However, if the guy ordered the car without OnStar, why would it have the OnStar mirror?

As extra info, the car was in the security detail for the visit of the US President in our country a few years back... so maybe that's why they deleted the onstar :-)
    But yet again, why delete the RVC , and also, why remove the camera module, and WHY remove the connectors and wiring? Didn't they think that when the "guy" leaves, some poor bastard like me, may want to have all the options back? :-)) Rhetorical question anyway...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-11-ESCALA...85f54e&vxp=mtr

I cant see the details but its something like this. Its not a big deal to change.

Yeah I didn't think about the mirror part...of course, it may be the only mirror GM makes with the auto high beams (if you have that), so maybe even the Escalades with OnStar delete still get the OnStar mirror as it has the auto high beam button and sensor.

So is there not a camera on your ESV's molding above the license plate? Or are you saying the camera is there but the wiring isn't?

Yes its part of the back chrome not separate. I can find out but you can go to http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ or a site like this they give diagrams of your truck. You can get a idea of what you need.

@zach2011 : Yes, i have the High Beam Assyst. So you might be right about ordering without OnStar. In that case, i will have to make the wiring myself...in order to get the VCIM working.

The rear view camera wasn't there. I bought the camera kit from GM, but it had no camera module. As far as i heard, there is some kind of setup that works without the camera module, but for my car it doesn't. So now i have to make some harness for the camera module also.
    The fact is that as far as i've read, the ESV came with the RVC standard. So, he might have ordered it without a camera too?!

@SpyShops NY : thank you for the links. I'll look into it.

No every car that had navigation had rear camera. I know you can buy the harness just for the rear camera if you want. Seams like the guy messed with the truck I would start buy trying to get the specs for your truck than I would buy the harnesses you need. If you want the nav for your county oemautopartsco.com is the place for you to look they have it.

The link you gave me, is for the amp & climate control. I don't see the onstar connectors. Do they go with the NAVI loom, or with the climate and amp loom?

I am thinking that it might be something else than. If you want I can find out from my friend at the dealer what part its from. Try to find out what your truck window sticker said your truck had navigation or not that is important.

So, according to the RPO sticker, i have no OnStar option (UE0), and the radio is U3R (with navi and voice recognition microphone).
    In this case, can i retrofit the Onstar to get the bluetooth vcim working? i assume i will need some harness for that, or a wiring harness from a car that came with UE1 option.
    However, the sticker says i should have had the RVC (rpo code UVC). Yet, the module was gone from the car, the molding on the liftgate had been changed, and also the wiring harness messed with....

So, according to the RPO sticker, i have no OnStar option (UE0), and the radio is U3R (with navi and voice recognition microphone).
    In this case, can i retrofit the Onstar to get the bluetooth vcim working? i assume i will need some harness for that, or a wiring harness from a car that came with UE1 option.
    However, the sticker says i should have had the RVC (rpo code UVC). Yet, the module was gone from the car, the molding on the liftgate had been changed, and also the wiring harness messed with....

I looked into the wiring diagrams, and the retrofit is not very complicated. I have the part numbers for the onstar connectors, but I have the same problem as for the camera module. I can't find the terminals needed.
    Anyone have any information on where can I order such terminals?
    And also, can a guy that has the onstar, provide me the part number for the VCIM bracket mount?

Thanks.

So your truck did come with navi but the first owner ordered it without OnStar? And then removed the camera? So stupid. I don't even see why they bothered messing with the camera, it's not like it would have interfered with something.

Anyways, call your local dealership, they can provide you with the terminal part numbers as well as the VCIM bracket.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.