2007 Escalade ESV VCIM issue. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade ESV VCIM issue. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Stupid indeed. I have a meeting with the dealer this week for other issues, and will ask for this too. ...
    djlex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Re: 2007 Escalade ESV VCIM issue.

Stupid indeed.
    I have a meeting with the dealer this week for other issues, and will ask for this too.
    However, the terminals can't be ordered by the dealer, as there is no part number for it. I guess if some connector goes wrong, they order the wiring harness, or some sort of connector repair kit...

YardmanTony is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The Euro Spec Escalades do not have a VCIM. I suspect as you are in Romania you have a Euro spec Escalade. On-star does not operate in Europe so there is no point in fitting it. The mirror has the On-star buttons and wiring, but it isn't connected. Only the dimming mirror part works.
    Regards,
    Tony East Boldon, UK.

Thank you YardmanTony, but you did not read my original post. I don't want to retrofit the harness for the actual OnStar functionality, but in order to install the Bluetooth VCIM, which I will use as a handsfree. I am aware that OnStar does not operate in Romania. The car was made for the Arabic countries, and the specs are similar to Europe models.

YardmanTony is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I understand djlex, I too am fitting a bluetooth handsfree, but there is no wiring harness associated with a VCIM on Eurospec models. Only BCM and Radio/DVD modules. There is a microphone in the roof console, but it is only connected to the DVD/Radio for voice activation. The GM wiring harness for VCIM modules is astronmically expensive for what it is. I am attempting to fit an aftermarket system. So far I have been unable to source a Euro spec wiring diagram and have had to work out connections from the US spec diagram and in car testing.

Regards,
    Tony
    East Boldon, UK

Well, the wiring diagrams are the same, except for the VCIM. I don't intend to buy the harness from the dealer, for obvious reasons, but i will make one myself. I will order the onstar connectors from the dealer, and build the wiring myself. The only major problem is that the terminals required are available in Europe, only in large quantities (4500 pieces) which costs 265 Euro + shipping, and lead time is 1 month +. So, i hope to convince the dealer to sell me 30-40 terminals from his repair kit, for a reasonable price . If not, i'll use other domestic terminals and fit them into the connector some how.
    It is of course a pai, but i like to keep the original looks of the car. I have now installed a Parrot bluetooth handsfree on the car but i plan to remove it, if the VCIM install will be successful.
    Good luck with your project too.

By the way, the eur-asian specs S**KS!!! I got the car with the option to delete the DRL's, and now i have to build a relay assembly to power the DRL's from another fuse in the underhood BCM that has 12V while engine on.

saifbarry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hi djlex, I'm really curious how your VCIM harness turned out? I'm in kind of a similar situation here with a 2013 Tahoe LT (Saudi spec). Got the VCIM, popped opened the dash, no VCIM or harness.

Also, if anyone here can hand me a part number for the required harness I'd appreciate it.

Hello.
    I haven't found a solution yet and the install is on hold. If someone can provide a harness p/n that would be nice. However I'm not sure such harness exists as a spare part. I assume I would have to replace a whole loom.
    It can be built if you have the gm service program but it takes a lot of routing since you have to route some wires from the mirror, some other wires to the roof for the mic, you need the mic itself, etc.
    If you have the time patience and financial resources it can be done.
    However an aftermarket solution would be cheaper and easyer...
    Regards.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.