Upgraded My Nav Unit to 2012 SuperNAV - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Upgraded My Nav Unit to 2012 SuperNAV in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Does anyone know why this wont work on 2008 Escalades? It seems weird it works on every other year. Thanks...
    ESCALADE132 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade
    Does anyone know why this wont work on 2008 Escalades? It seems weird it works on every other year.
    Thanks

zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Re: Upgraded My Nav Unit to 2012 SuperNAV

Quote Originally Posted by Alegre323 View Post
    $600 on Craigslist. Brand new! Guy imports cars to Japan and he told me they don't work over there. Sold my 2007 unit for 700 lol and the cf is almost instant maps. No loading like with the disc
    That's awesome. Now I won't mind the loss of the 6-disc changer at all. I just scored a 2012 system with the 10.3 CF card for $350 on eBay. Can't wait to swap and sell my old one.

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

now the micro usb cable is the one that plugs behined the radio ? and does it play movies like the ones of your ipod does it display them on the screen

----------

and where did you buy it at. Dont want to get the wrong one that wont plug up to the back of the radio

Alegre323 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by texas1 View Post
    now the micro usb cable is the one that plugs behined the radio ? and does it play movies like the ones of your ipod does it display them on the screen

----------

and where did you buy it at. Dont want to get the wrong one that wont plug up to the back of the radio
    I got it from my cable drawer lol
    You should have an extra Micro USB lying around

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

no it wont play movies off your ipod you will need the multimedia kit wire from oemautopartsco.com the nav tv and a 3.5 to RCA video wire to do that and you have to use aux. It only play music through the USB sucks even the new radio, my wife 2012 camary has more options like Bluetooth audo, Pandora, 3.5 I heard radio nav traffic for free plus bing and it doesn't even have to be connected to your phone all that has to be on is the mobile hotspot. I see other cars show pictures while playing your song of the album on the radio.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

I am thinking that anyone wants to upgrade their system its best to go aftermarket... especially now with the ipad mini that some are putting up front.

Escalde coop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalde

That was really cool, i have a 2007 unit, am i able to do what you just did? Do i have the usb port in the back of my unit as well? coop0121@gmail.com

----------

Hey man wats going on, all i have to do is remove my unit and run the usb wires, and am in bussiness. I can run my ipad right off just that.

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Hey man, do a search, there is plenty of info on this site.

No. You will not be able to just run a USB cable on the older 2007 Nav units. They do not have the option, or output on the rear. You need a 2011+ NAV unit for that, and they are found all over Ebay. Also, you will need to get the newer Nav unit reprogrammed to work in your escalade. Some companies will sell them this way, with your VIN or you need to find a local dealer willing to help.

wangstarr03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

can anyone clarify what it takes to have the dealer program/unlock this to work? how long does it take/will they charge to do it? I only ask bc there's one on eBay that I'm very close to biting on.

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Any Caddy dealer can do it. They use a 'Tech II' tool and will probably charge you an hourly rate to do it. Nobody here can tell you what your dealer will specifically charge you, go ask yourself.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by wangstarr03 View Post
    can anyone clarify what it takes to have the dealer program/unlock this to work? how long does it take/will they charge to do it? I only ask bc there's one on eBay that I'm very close to biting on.
    Hi wangstarr03,

Each dealership is different when it comes to costs. They usually charge a labor fee per hour. I recommend to contact your local dealership and discuss this with them to get more accurate information. If you have other questions please let us know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

cane87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

wow nice deal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.