Sneak peek at a work in progress - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Sneak peek at a work in progress in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Questions.... could I also use this product?? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MK802II-Andr...item257567e3d5 seeing that I cant find the mk812 anywhere..or do you know where ...
    tx22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 Cts, 1996 Deville

Re: Sneak peek at a work in progress - Android in my Escalade!

Questions.... could I also use this product?? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MK802II-Andr...item257567e3d5 seeing that I cant find the mk812 anywhere..or do you know where I could find it?

IgotGAME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by tx22 View Post
    Questions.... could I also use this product?? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MK802II-Andr...item257567e3d5 seeing that I cant find the mk812 anywhere..or do you know where I could find it?
    You can buy the MK812 from the link I added to the first post in this thread. You can also buy the Measy U2C from geekbuying.com, which is where I ordered it from(it hasn't arrived yet though).

I bought the MK812 from an Aliexpress vendor although he had it listed as the Kimdecent B12, which is what I searched for originally... looks like the MK812 may have replaced that Kimdecent B12, which is why I didn't complain about it.. Plus it worked and worked well

tx22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 Cts, 1996 Deville

Re: Sneak peek at a work in progress

thanks!! i ordered 2 for my Esky & the 300. Can I plug those RCA cables into my overhead dvd player for installation, or is there a spot behind
    the factory navigaton/tv head unit

Quote Originally Posted by tx22 View Post
    thanks!! i ordered 2 for my Esky & the 300. Can I plug those RCA cables into my overhead dvd player for installation, or is there a spot behind
    the factory navigaton/tv head unit
    Wherever you have the available RCA plugs, you can plug it into. I have a switch installed in my vehicle because I have multiple RCA devices in my truck. So I have the Android stick plugged into AV input 3 on my switch (Input 1 is my phone, Input 2 is my Xbox 360), which is then connected to the head unit.

One thing I've learned..My MK812 came with a 3.5mm to RCA cable which is about 3-4 feet long so I ordered a 6ft one online...well the 6ft one doesn't work properly..it only works if I pull the 3.5mm plug out a little from being pressed in all the way, which leads me to believe that the chinese 3.5mm plug has the audio/video on different poles of the plug as opposed to american cables. No big deal...I just extended the cable they sent to my switch.

Also, I changed my final install location from my ashtray to under my armrest, so I could leave my phone audio cable, which has been in my truck for a while, in my ash tray. I use that cable to listen to music from my phone and talk on my phone through the truck speakers without having to have a blue tooth device. Plus, having the Android device installed under the arm rest gives me more room to do some other things I am thinking of.
    tx22 and tx22 like this.

I am bumping this as I am getting some PM's around what device I am using to unlock video in motion. I wish I could update the first post, but apparently it's been too long to be able to do that.

To unlock the video in motion, I use the NU-GM29. Can't be much simpler to use once installed. Hold source, beeps once, hit source again to acknowledge it, beeps twice, everything is unlocked.

Here is a link to the product: NU-GM29 PAC-AUDIO SITE

I've had it installed in my truck for over 4 years now I believe and never had any issues.. unlocks video in motion, allows navigation address entry, etc..

silkjones is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for trying to PM...I only get 2 PMs before my box is full?? I went with the NavTV because everyone pretty much said they havent had any issues while the GM29 seemed to depend on who you asked. I got it installed yesterday but some of my apps look like crap. Especially spotify. Is it the screen or is it something I need to do with resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by silkjones View Post
    Thanks for trying to PM...I only get 2 PMs before my box is full?? I went with the NavTV because everyone pretty much said they havent had any issues while the GM29 seemed to depend on who you asked. I got it installed yesterday but some of my apps look like crap. Especially spotify. Is it the screen or is it something I need to do with resolution?
    Everything looks ok on mine. I use a kenwood switch in my truck to control multiple video sources and keep the RCA's on the back of my arm rest open for use. I am obviously using the NU-GM29 for unlocking the video and everything looks good. Are you using the rear ports on the back of the arm rest or do you have hooked up another way? One thing I have noticed is using an aftermarket car charger can cause some issues (or does for me) so I am using a Verizon branded car charger to power the device.

silkjones is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes i'm using the AV jacks on the back of the arm rest. Im also using a VZ car charger. Now when I was using the watchespn app it showed very well. Maybe I need to tinker with the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by silkjones View Post
    Yes i'm using the AV jacks on the back of the arm rest. Im also using a VZ car charger. Now when I was using the watchespn app it showed very well. Maybe I need to tinker with the settings.
    You could also try the device in your house, get it setup how you want it, then put it in your truck. That's what I did.

EJENKINS2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

I can't believe I didn't see this when you first put up the post. This setup is nice. Have you made any additional upgrades? Have you received the new device you ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by EJENKINS2 View Post
    I can't believe I didn't see this when you first put up the post. This setup is nice. Have you made any additional upgrades? Have you received the new device you ordered?
    Thanks Ejenkins. Yea this setup works really well.

I haven't made any additional upgrades really, but there are a couple of things to note:

- My final installation was in the bottom storage area of the arm rest instead of in the ash tray. I did this so I could keep my audio/video cable for my phone, which was already in the ash tray, connected. So now I have my phone audio cable in the ash tray and the Android stick cables in the bottom of the arm rest. There is a cigarette lighter port in there so it's easy to power in there.
    - I use the app on my phone primarily to control the device now, since I am typically just selecting something. I hardly ever use the mouse/keyboard device.
    - The device doesn't need to be shut down through software, you can just unplug the power for it to power it off. This hasn't cause any issues.

As for the 2nd device I ordered, it was out of stock when I ordered so I waited and waited and it never came back in stock so I asked for a refund. After using the device I have for a while, I can't see any reason to buy another device. The one I have is working great and does exactly what I need it to do.

The only other thing I've thought about is GPS and using google maps, but honestly I don't use navigation enough to really even worry about this. I had a couple of thoughts there and I've seen a couple of options, but just haven't pursued any of them due to the rarity of me actually using navigation.

CaMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

would this display to the rear headrest TVs as well as the front NAV? This would be good for my kids..

I know this thread is about a yr old, but was thinking of adding a raspberry PI XBMC build in the same way you have this stick setup. This will give local access to my rip DVDs for my kids. A PI goes for about $50 bucks with the case.

This is what the interface would look like to select movies. Would be perfect if we can some how get the stock touch screen to work with this..
    http://youtu.be/ErWF2sYgJec

Hey guys....not trying to resurrect an old thread, but just wanted to say I have another idea in the works that I may be showing soon. A similar concept to what I have now, but a slightly different way to do it.

Using the stock touchscreen and being able to use the touch aspects of it would be ideal, but that's still not possible using this method. This new direction I may be going with does make controlling everything slightly easier.

Stay tuned....

mbdubb2361 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by IgotGAME
    Hey guys....not trying to resurrect an old thread, but just wanted to say I have another idea in the works that I may be showing soon. A similar concept to what I have now, but a slightly different way to do it. Using the stock touchscreen and being able to use the touch aspects of it would be ideal, but that's still not possible using this method. This new direction I may be going with does make controlling everything slightly easier. Stay tuned....
    can't wait the suspense is killing me!!

big rob 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Quote Originally Posted by IgotGAME View Post
    Hey guys....not trying to resurrect an old thread, but just wanted to say I have another idea in the works that I may be showing soon. A similar concept to what I have now, but a slightly different way to do it.

Using the stock touchscreen and being able to use the touch aspects of it would be ideal, but that's still not possible using this method. This new direction I may be going with does make controlling everything slightly easier.

Stay tuned....

I assume you're trying to use Mimics X2?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.