I'm a new ESV owner and new to the Forum.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, I'm a new ESV owner and new to the Forum. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello all, I actually joined the forum quite a few months ago because I started looking for a 2007+ ESV ...
    Cadsrfun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Silver Escalade ESV Platinum

I'm a new ESV owner and new to the Forum.

Hello all,

I actually joined the forum quite a few months ago because I started looking for a 2007+ ESV and this forum had tons of information about them. The only thing that seemed weird was it appears the the classified section is hardly used. I had no luck finding an ESV there... prolly should have just posted something here though. Anyway, I bought a 2010 Silver ESV Platinum. Just got it delivered from TX to Central California (Templeton) on 3/11/13. It was all that I expected. I am only about 1/3 of the way through the owners manual... sheez... a lot of stuff to read!

So it is stock. The only problem so far is moisture in the left LED headlight. In reading through some of the posts I was able to determine that there is a fan that runs inside the headlight to keep moisture down and it runs when the lights are on. It was trailered through rain w/o on the way to CA (headlights off) so that may have been the source of the problem, if not I will have to start troubleshooting. As search of the forum shows that there isn't really a big problem with moisture in the headlights.

Where would you recommend I purchase a service manual? Seems GM is still doing hard copy even though electronic would work fine for me.

Where do folks find the part numbers? Is there a separate manual for that? Some online GM dealers have some sort of diagrams with p/n's but I haven't found a good one yet.

Future mods:
    2"/3" lowering kit (Eibach spindles and springs on the way).
    Anti-roll bars (Eibach kit front and rear on the way).
    Intune Diablosport programer.
    2012 Dual exit exhaust mod.
    Modify exhaust to fit 2012 dual exit. Probably need to change the muffler as it is too quiet now. I like the Corsa "Sport" system but would hate to buy one and chop it all up to match the dual exit. I email Corsa to see if they would sell just the "sport" muffler but had no reply yet. I was wondering about using a Solo Performance STORM series muffler to replace the stock. Anyone have any experience with Solo?

I look forward to any advice you have as I know a lot of you have done some nice modifications.

Randy
    (Cadsrfun)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: I'm a new ESV owner and new to the Forum.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your new truck. The headlight probably started leak (seal) from day one, I have seen a few on the dealers lot that had some moisture issues, not a very common issue. I would look at the Hotchkis sway bars, I have had both and they are MUCH better in term of the handling because they add the large end links that Eibach does not and it makes all the difference, and if you tow there is a HUGE differece between the two.

2007caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 07

Welcome

You can obtain a manual via the URL below:

http://www.gmprotectionplanwarranty....c-Escalade.pdf

----------

Oops mis-read...seems that you're looking for a service manual...I believe I viewed on this site somewhere with cost noted as well

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and people in here. Enjoy your stay and good luck.. Check out the rest of the forum, I enjoy spending time in the lounge!!!

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

Congrats and enjoy it!

2007caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 07

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I am running Hotchkis bars on my 06 Charger and like them but I thought I would go with Eibach to match the lowering kit.
    Thanks for the link to the manuals. That is the best price I have found. They are not sold electronic correct?
    Randy

Things are going well on the mods. The moisture in the left headlight is gone. Trailering it through the rain without the headlights on must have done it.
    I got a service manual off eBay. The supplied link below didn't work, they don't provide that service any more.
    I installed the 2" front and 3" Belltech components with Eibach sway bars.
    I ordered the parts for the 2012dual exit exhaust. I haven't figured out what I want to do for a muffler yet but I have time.
    That is about it for now!
    Cadsrfun

Got the bumper cover back from the paint shop. Will start the swap over this weekend.

Sean Dowler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    How did the bumper and exhaust turn out I want to do this to my 08. Total cost?

----------

Oh an mines just a utility not ESV.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Dowler View Post
    How did the bumper and exhaust turn out I want to do this to my 08. Total cost?

----------

Oh an mines just a utility not ESV.
    The bumper cover and installation went well. I have a lift so that saves a lot of time. The exhaust guy I want to use is on vacation until this Saturday. I cut the resonator off. It is a little louder than stock. I will have the muffler guy go from 3.5" to two 2.5" pipes to run to the exhaust tips. He said about $250 for that. Looks like I will have $2000 for the whole change. Might turn out being a few hundred more if I change mufflers. I will take and post pics this weekend. I like the 2"/3" drop too.

toygar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

waiting for the pics bud.
    good luck on your mods

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.