07 Escalade - Belt Squeal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 07 Escalade - Belt Squeal in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have struggled with this since I have owned the truck. I have replaced all the belts, idler pulleys, and ...
    craka is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

07 Escalade - Belt Squeal

I have struggled with this since I have owned the truck. I have replaced all the belts, idler pulleys, and tension pulleys. I am using Gates belts. I have eliminated the squeal on the main serpentine belt. I can spray belt conditioner on the AC belt, it will stop screaming until it wears off, then start up again. Moisture or rain makes it worse. It is worse in the morning on cold starts. Any one got any solutions? I'm wondering if the AC compressor is going bad... it works great though. This is driving me crazy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Re: 07 Escalade - Belt Squeal

You may need to replace the A/C clutch? Have a shop or mechanic take a look at it, sounds like the bearing associated with the A/C clutch may be shot and is causing your noise issue from that location.

wwceaton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade base

If the noise is only coming from the AC belt then i am sure you need to replace the small tentioner for that belt. It is a very week spring in that unit and i have replaced many for this problem. Good luck

This will be the 2nd time I have tried a new tensioner. I am going to try a different brand belt this afternoon. I hope this fixes it. If not, I will be looking at a new compressor. This truck will be brand new by the time I'm done.

If you need a new belt than try a Bando brand, this brand seems to help keep the noises away.

I usually do not purchase Goodyear products... But their Gatorback belt stopped the squeal. Everything is working as normal.

On the main belt (non-AC) --- I just replaced a 6 month old Dayco belt with a brand new Gates belt. The Gates belt made it two weeks and started squealing. All the pulleys feel fine and everything looks to be aligned... this is driving me crazy!

PS - The AC belt is doing fine.

Tec80 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DHS, 2007 ESV

If you turn the climate control off, does the squeal change? What about if you turn on the defogger? If it is worse in the first case, it could be a bad A/C clutch bearing. Otherwise, it could be the compressor itself.

Try some wd-40 on the a/c clutch and see if that eliminates the noise for a while.

Well, the Goodyear gatorback worked for a few months. It was raining this morning when I started the engine, then came that awful chirping/belt slipping noise. I have replaced both tensioners and idler pulley. Everything looks to be in alignment. This is about to drive me crazy. I'm tired of buying belts every 2-3 months.

I am going to try taking the belts off and cleaning them with soap and water to see if something is on on it.[COLOR="Silver"]

Same issue here during rainy days I hear a squeeking noise. I'm going to replace the tensioner and idler pulley to see if that cures it before I try replacing the belts.

hrpatel17926 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
    Guys you can replace everything and the noise will always come back. I speak from experience. I spray the back sides of my pullies with silicone grease and it works for a month then respray.

As i stated before get your self a bando brand belt and this realy does take care of the noises, Many happy customers.

I will try a Bando next. I reversed the direction on my current belt and it stopped the squeal until it wears that side out. People say that means a pulley is out of line but I'm not seeing it.

I will have to try this also, seems like whenever it rains I hear a belt or bearing noise but when it is completely dry out and I haven't sprayed WD40 or anything it's quiet. But as soon as I spray WD40 on the pulleys or belt the noise comes back for a few days.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.